We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Palace

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Palace

Just booked the Sun Palace for 5 nights in September. Have been to the Moon Palace in December 2008.

What should we do, eat, etc.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Palace

Bump

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Palace

Anyone that has been to the Sun Palace that can give us some pointers on the restaurants, tours, etc. Also did you go to other Palace resorts for meals, etc.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Palace

The only excursion we did while at the sun palace was selvatica zip lines which was fun. I think the sun has 4 restaurants, the steak restaurant is outside next to the pool. All restaurants were very good especially the italian, get the flaming mayan coffee- delicious. Plus we went to the cancun palace and ate at the hibachi(where they cook for you-but you will need reservations for this) and go to the beach palace and have drinks and watch the sun set from the sky balacony. sun palace is a very relaxing,friendly atmospere and you might not want to leave. enjoy your vacation.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Palace

Just returned from the Sun Palace last Saturday and am currently going through withdrawals. It is a fantastic resort and one of our favorites, we've been two years in a row now.

As droptine stated, the restaurants there are all pretty good, especially the Italian (and mayan coffee +11111); the mexican restaurant is also a favorite of mine because they have chicken mole' which is one of my favorite dishes of all time.

Also highly recommend is the hibachi at the Cancun Palace (reservations required, they open at 11 and you have to go to get reservations each day you want to go, they won't do advance reservations).

We did the regular zip line excursion Palace offers, I know Selvatica is recommended over it, but I have a hard time believing it's worth $200 a couple more than the standard one (which is free). The standard included one is 7 towers and we had a blast!

-Chris

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Palace

Thanks! Chris, was the zipline tour you took totally free or did you have to pay with your $750 or $1500 credit money?

Are there buffet and ala carte restaurants at Sun?

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Palace

the dinner ones are ala carte, very good choices. The steak outside you pick what you want, steak, fish, chicken etc and then they have the side set up and you go and get what you want. The food was very good, filet was great

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Palace

The Zipline is one of the offered tours that comes out of your Palace Dollars... I would highly suggest it, as it was a relatively short tour (half a day) and was well worth it.

All restaurants are a la carte in the evenings at the Sun. It's really one of the better choices in Cancun. As long as you're not looking for the loud spring break party crowd , you'll have a great time!

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Palace

Thanks! No, DH and I are "old" and boring. Celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary!

9. Re: Sun Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:17