We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

Okay, I received an email today from Funjet Vacations offering a 20% discount for 2 people at CocoBongos. The coupon is valid from 12/20/05.

I can't imagine that they would offer this without the club being open and operational, do you?

Hopefully this is great news to all!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

We had dinner last Saturday with the Manager of Cambalache and He said that Untill the Plaza opens nobody can open this is the reason Cambalache has not opened While the Owners (of the plazas)have their rents insured they are not worried about opening Plaza Forum or La Isla untill there is sufficient Tourism to Sustain them.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

Cunspin-What exactly are you saying? I understand that they might not be in any hurry to open if they are getting insurance money and there is no real incentive to open, but, I can't understand why Funjet/Coco Bongos would offer this when the club isn't open.

We arrive 12/31 so maybe they based it on our arrival date with hopes that Coco Bongos will be open then. If that isn't the case, it makes absolutely no sense for them to have sent out these emails to their vacation clients travelling to Cancun in the very near future. False advertising to say the least.

I was so excited......oh well, we'll see.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

JBlair, right now, I'd toss it up to wishful thinking on the behalf of Coco Bongo with Funjet being the unaware second party passing on the now, it seems, bad information, to its clients. Perhaps, as you say, with a little luck, they'll be open by the time you arrive or shortly thereafter.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

I hope for your sake that they open but I would not be surprised if they don't.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

I think you're both right. How unfortunate. Is the other place that you mentioned (similar to Coco Bongs) worth taking the family to? I would guess the show isn't anything close to what the one at CB's is.

Cancun
Level Contributor
534 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

I have heard the mall is down till at least the middle of Jan but at this time I do not think anyone really knows for sure.

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

j...have you come across any gogod ideas for our college kids for NYE???? Boys were soooo looking forward to going back to CB. I haven't broken the news to them yet. Hubbys plans still up in the air?

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

TMO5K-Jeff will go down with us but leave two days early to go to San Francisco. I don't know why it can't wait, but I guess it can't.

Still no clue for NYE. I will email Lisa and see where she stands.

Don't let me forget to get your phone numbers before we leave.

Also, I sent Coco Bongo's an email, so I hope to hear from them soon. I will post just as soon as I get a reply!

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

j....made reservations through cuspin...for Laguna grill....she suggested 9:00 for NYE dinner. She asked if you were going also. ???? She has a teen niece or daughter that she will get advice on for clubs after that. We are trying to get our phones from verizon switched to international plans....BOY, are we ever getting conflicting answers from them. WHY can't they just give it to me straight.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Bongos-Funjet Vacation offering discounted coupons...

Ok So very sorry to be the bearer of not so great news BUT no club will be open Not Coco Bongo nor Any of the Andersons Group except for The Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel wich opens Mañana Non of others before Feb. There are however several other options as i told TMO5 I will get the scoop from My Niece