We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu palace vs riu cancun

Save Topic
riu palace vs riu cancun

a group all in our 20s who really enjoy drinking and good food. which is better?

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

I've stayed at both several times. RIU Cancun is more lively! Good party place and nice enough.

The RPLA is nicer but quieter. They are right beside each other (1 min walk). Depending on price you may want to stay at the RPLA and hang over at the RIU Cancun during the day or night. Depends on the price difference I guess. If it's quite a bit of price difference just stay at the RIU Cancun. Good hotel!

If you do, ask for the Annex building floor 3 or 4 (not 5 or 6 as there is a ledge that obstructs your view). It's MUCH easier getting in and out of the pool area staying in this building!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

Must agree the RIU Cancun is livelier and the Palace is a little bit quieter. I would book the RIU Cancun and save a little money for the nightlife that is walking distance from both resorts (1 1/2 blocks)!!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
155 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

I also had this same question and we decided on Riu Palace simply because you are able to take advantage of the "all inclusive" at all three Riu's. There wasn't a huge difference in price at all, so that is what did it for us!

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

I think the Riu Palace was very nice and as others have said you can walk to the Riu Cancun if its to quiet for you at the Palace.

We had a party of 12 at the Palace and had no problem with it being to quiet because we made our own fun.

Colorado
Level Contributor
987 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

Although I prefer RPLA, I would recommend the RIU Cancun for a group of 20 something. Sure, you have full access to the RIU Cancun from the RPLA; however, you will probably find that the pool/party scene at the RIU Cancun is much more fun than at the RPLA and will thus want to be there most of your time. So why not stay there. It is a great hotel as well.

kennesaw Ga
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

For a group in their 20's I would also recommend the Riu Cancun.

The palace is quite while the Cancun is livelier.

7. Re: riu palace vs riu cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2011, 06:16