We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Cancun next year. We usually go on holiday around July time, however im a bit confused about the weather!. I have read that hurricane season starts July, but it appears that June has the average heaviest rainfall! Therefore im not sure as to whether we should go the end of May. Can anyone help? i really wouldnt like to go somewhere where there is a big risk of heavy rainfall when we put up with that most of the year! (Were from England lol)

We are both 22 and we do like going to places with good nightlife, but also somewhere where you can relax during the day, we are thinking about staying in the Riu Cancun? Would this be suitable for couples?

Also, with the US summer break, it it really really busy and "in your face" everywhere?

Sorry about all of the questions!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Glad to hear you were able to switch. I think you'll enjoy your May vacation better and even though the hotel isn't as nice youshouldn't be spending all your time there anyway!! So much to see and do, and everything should be up and runnign again from the hurricane. Maybe we'll run into each other I'll be at the Flamingo the 13th thru 20th! Oh make sure yougo to CocoBongo!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Hi Jemmy

we are booked up to go the 4th May for 2 weeks at the Riu Cancun

If you are doing the clubs and stuff might see you in one of those

Jo x

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Well it looks like were going to the Riu Cancun on 10th June for 2 weeks! - we did want May but there was no availability!, just hope i havent made the wrong decision!

Missouri
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Its Cancun.... you will have fun no matter what month you go!!! There should be plenty of young people there on Summer break too so I am sure you will meet alot of great people. Have fun!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
542 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

We have been going to cancun 2x a yr for many years. We usually go in May and in October. THis year it will be Ma 4-11 and July 31 to Aug 4th.The weather in May has always been wonderful. Now keeping my fingers crossed because I said that : )

Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

Hey jemmybean

I agree with everyone, the best time I visited was in late May. Not to hot, humidity was not too bad and the weather during my week for sunshine every day!!

I would double check the availability, I am getting availability for the last two weeks in May 2006?? However if Riu Cancun is out, what about the Riu Caribe??

Lumberton, NJ
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

I too am going in May(13-18) but am very concerned about the sea lice!! Are they easy to spot before you enter the water? Some posts I have seen say to wash with tap water and then others say that aggravates them and causes more discomfort. Anyone had direct experience with them? I would appreciate any feedback you can offer. Thanks!

Lumberton, NJ
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

bump

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

flygirl#2, that weather site was very interesting -- thanks! We're going in March, and that looks like an ace month the be there!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Young Couple, first time in Cancun, but what summer month...

You all are scaring me about June. We're going the 7-13. Cross your fingers for me...I just can't stand the raain, especially if I'm on vacation.