We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancun or miami/south beach

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cancun or miami/south beach

which place is better to take a vacation cancun or south beach

Colorado
Level Contributor
987 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

I think that is a no brainer........

no need to to even go there.....lol

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Cancun....

I can vacation in Cancun for a week with 2 people for 1/3 - 1/2 the cost as South Beach. Waters better, crime rates much lower and the nightlife is as good, if not better.

texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Cancun would be less expensive that's for sure. I love Miami too so it depends on what type of vacation you want.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Terri

where we getting the stats crime rate is lower? I do not think the mayor of miama is awaiting trial for drug trafficking. i agree on all other points and ihave condos in south florida and cancun and much rather be here and I am here now. Now while cancun is fairly safe, dont think for a minute there is a low crime rate. you wouldneed to compare entire cancun and not just hotel zone to miami

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

This is the Cancun Forum..Isn't?

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

yes it is cancun forum, where should op go to ask a comparison, the south beach forum?

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

honestly imo not much of a difference between the two.....both have very nice resorts....one is EP while the other is AI. both have beautiful water, beaches, excellent food choices and a great nightlife. both are highly commercial and for lack of a better word "americanized" with either a mexican or latin cultural flair (and for all the smart responses...yes i do know miami is in america). honestly this one is too close to call so best deal would decide for me.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Honestly, I'd say Cancun..you have a passport, why not put it to use! There is so many other places in Mexico you could explore.. and so many activities. I don't believe South Beach has Mayan ruins.. plus, in Cancun you will meet TONS of other people from allll over the world, whereas south beach, will mostly be americans, and a few other nationalities im sure, but I doubt it will be as much mix as cancun would! let us know what you decide!

ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Cancun is pretty much Miami at a discount.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cancun or miami/south beach

Yes it's difficult to get Cancun crime statistics so check out Miami's crime rate. Violent crime is more then 3 times the national average.

www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp…