We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

looking for a good steak and seafoof restaurant for my sister in laws 50th birthday. i really do not want to spend $150 us a couple any help.

she loves seafood. but her husband does not.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Harry's on the lagoon side!! I do not know where you are staying but it is right across the street from Golden Parnassus.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

From CancunMenus.com:

La Palapa Belga - A best kept secret for years, definitely a treasure worth finding! Outside the boutique hotel Imperial Laguna, follow the garden pathway, over a bridge, down to the edge of Laguna Bojorquez. Wonderful view looking across the water toward the Hotel Zone. Owner/Chef Olivier presents traditional French and Belgian specialties always fresh; his Pot of Mussels Mariniere is a classic. You’ll be glad you discovered this gem - wonderfully tranquil, cozy and exceptional value.

View Menu Online: http://tinyurl.com/5t8jnu (prices in pesos)

It is on the grounds of the Imperial Laguna Hotel which in itself is nothing to look at but LPB is sweet! It's on Calle Quetzal which is a mixed residential street off Kukulcan Blvd, lagoon side at around KM 7.5.

If you know where the El Presidente Hotel is and the strip mall with the Super Express/Ty Coz, Calle Quetzal is right behind this little shopping plaza.

I've posted this before but I still mean it: If I could only go to one restaurant while in Cancun it would be La Palapa Belga...

For other great choices take a look at this site:

http://www.cancunmenus.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Puerto Madera and Cambalanche. Stop by any street timeshare booth and ask for a free drink referral coupon to save money on drink.

Beckville, Texas
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

at Cambalache you're probably going to crowd that $150 per couple. La Palapa Belga is a great little place.

However, Cambalache (The Argentinian Steakhouse) is awesome. GREAT steaks. Service is impeccable.

La Habichuela is very very nice, too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Any of the "fine" restaurants in Cancun will approach $150 per couple, depending on how many drinks are consumed throughout the meal. The restaurants that have been known to have wonderful steak and seafood include:

La Habichuela Sunset - in the Hotel Zone, the sister restaurant is located in Centro (Downtown).

Puerto Madero-Cambalache Argentine Big Steak House is the sister restaurant.

Harry's - this is a very popular steak and seafood restaurant right now and it may be crowded, I highly recommend making a reservation in advance.

Laguna Grill

Ku-Nah-Mexican

Mitachi Seaside Grill-Mexican

Hacienda Sisal-features theme night dinner shows and a separate dining room for more quiet dining.

La Destileria

Paloma Bonita

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

"Any of the "fine" restaurants in Cancun will approach $150 per couple, depending on how many drinks are consumed throughout the meal."

I must disagree with you on this Eric. Haven't you been to La Palapa Belga yet? I keep suggesting it.......

For the two of us we've never exceeded $100 USD including propina for:

2) appetizers such as escargot, onion soup, baked stuffed mussels, blue cheese stuff mushrooms

2) entrees such as beef tenderloin on peppercorn sauce, rack of lamb, tuna steak, skate or shrimp with mushrooms which include a starch & veg

1) dessert such as choc mousse and 1) special coffee

anywhere from 4 -6 XX and at least 1 bottle of house Cabernet sauvignon and maybe even a glass or two extra!

Menu sampling in above post. IMO, it's the best deal for a great meal in Cancun, plus it doesn't hurt that we can walk to it!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

CancunMole, I believe fine restaurants in Cancun can easily approach $150 per couple, at least they do for me/us. However are you suggesting that I am not correct about this thought process with regards La Palapa Belga? I have not had the pleasure of dining there yet, but I will be sure to do so the next time I am in town, which will probably be this coming December.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
882 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Definetly Puerto Madera. We've tried many others, but still return to Puerto Madera.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

"CancunMole, I believe fine restaurants in Cancun can easily approach $150 per couple, at least they do for me/us. However are you suggesting that I am not correct about this thought process with regards La Palapa Belga? I have not had the pleasure of dining there yet, but I will be sure to do so the next time I am in town, which will probably be this coming December."

I wouldn't kid you Eric! Seriously, take a look at their menu and prices. Besides the printed menus there are daily specials too! I've eaten at most but not all the biggies and this one is my absolute favorite...

View Menu Online: http://tinyurl.com/5t8jnu (prices in pesos)

Beckville, Texas
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for a good seafood and steak restaurant

Eric, finding the out of the way La Palapa Belga is definitely worth the trouble. Dining out on the pier on the lagoon is very nice. The food is great, and the prices are moderate.

I would suggest calling for reservations. I almost hate to see this place become more widely known.