We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

I haven't read much about this tour offered by Palace Resorts . Has anybody here gone on it ? Did you enjoy it ?

I'm planning my 6th trip to Rivirea Maya and have never been there so I though that I would just ask for info .

Thanks

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

At the bottom of this page there is a thread called 16 days till sun palace help-Travelingfrom asks the same questions. Go to that thread, and read what is said in page 2 by paradisechaze on the subject.

out east
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

I did this trip with my wife when we stayed at the Sun Palace. We really enjoyed it but it depends on what you are looking for. We wound up staying longer than the tour because we enjoyed it and made our own way back on the ferry. Let me know if you specific questions.

aircargoo
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

we did it.....was pretty good. people on boat give great show,funny....you can stay when they dock....theres food ,couple pools,pretty sharp. people that stay on boat circle island then dock with people that didnt go....then u go shopping at island mujes....what ever....lol...youll be back by 5.30....same crew that picks u up at palaces r same crew on boat!lol...yea.

dont pay 4 nothing till u get on boat too....they get u in bus...b carefull....lol

its worth it with moon palace money....and do dolphine swim at wet and wild....its included with the palaces food included!!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

We've done the Isla tour with our family the last 5 years we've stayed at the Moon, each year the tour is somewhat different. Last tour was in July and we noticed the tour is shorter than previous years.

The tour left the Moon at 7am, bus to ferry and arrived at the beach club around 9ish. We checked with the ferry crew to see what time the return ferry left Isla ( ask several times, everyone seemed to have a different departure time). The ferry leaves Isla at 2;30 promptly.

We arrived at the beach club, hit the rest rooms and went outside to grab a cab. We rent golf carts and enjoy seeing the sights on our own timetable, lots of fun and impossible to get lost.

Over the years we've gone snorkeling, Playa Norte, and just had a ball. We usually have lunch either at the Isla Palace or in town and head back to the ferry.

I think this is probably the best tour that the Palace offers.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

I suggest just doing it on your own! Grab a ferry (Ultramar) from Puerto Juarez and then rent golf carts on the island. Go to Isla Palace and Playa Norte!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

Remember Isla Palace is adults only now. Depending on if you're using promo dollars or not, I see no need to spend your own dime for the ferry over. Take the free trip especially if its your first trip, IMO.

Personally, we've done the tour and visited Isla a few times now (travelling with various friends), and have been underwhelmed... but I can understand the allure to the "quaintness" of it all I suppose.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

Still not clear, sorry! If you take the Palace tour you get dropped off at Dolphin Discovery which also has a beach club, correct? You can stay there and eat and use the beach, but can't snorkel there, correct?

At some point, if you stay there, you get taken in to town for shopping, look around, correct? Then, downtown you can take the palace ferry back, correct?

Or, you can catch a taxi at Dolphin Discovery to either the Isla Mujeres Palace or downtown to rent a golf cart, etc., correct?

Appreciate the clarity!

PS: What did the poster mean by don't get tricked in to buying anything on the bus to the ferry?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

You pretty much have it right TravelingFromTexas. You get dropped off at Dolphin discovery, you can eat and drink and use their beach club free, or you can take one of their tours which include snorkiling, scuba, Garrafon Park or you can catch a cab in to town and rent a golf cart or whatever. I don't do those tours but I have paid for them for my kids in the past. You can look up them up on google.

The tour guys on the bus and on the boat will try to sell you snorkling, diving, dolphin swim, zip lines and stuff for just a few dollars over the online prices, but to me that is ok, the convenience is nice for tourists and those guys have bills to pay and families to feed too! One of the most emabarrassing scenes I witnessed in Cancun was some tourist demanding his 25 cents change from a bus driver and ranting about how ... blahdy blah...just crappy stuff. Come on! The bus is 75 cents no matter how far you take it in the hotel zone. I usually pay 1 USD/pp if I don't have the correct pesos, and consider the 25 cents a tip for the great service and convenience. Relax people!

You can go on your own to Isla Mujeres or any other tour, for me I have done the math and usually choose the free transportation Palace provides even if we do go off on our own once we get to wherever we are going. Cabs are cheap on Isla Mujeres (5 dollars or so for 4 people) and a 4 person golf cart is 40USD/day. Like many people have said the tours change often so anything you read here is not neccesarily going to be the same when you get there. Just Make sure you know what you are signing up for, what your options are and where and when and how to get back on your free included boat or what your options are to get back on your own.

There are lots of maps and ferry schedules and interesting sites on google.

PS: Isla Mujeres Palace is adults only, and so are many places on la Isla. There are tons of things for families too, but just look at your options and know before you go.

Here is a good place to start:

http://myisla.com/info/maps.asp

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

Not true that "many" places on Isla Mujeres are adults only. Isla Mujeres Palace, yes. Hotel Villa Rolandi, yes. Villa La Bella B & B, yes. And the Soggy Peso bed and bar, yes. Everything else on the island is kid-friendly.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Isla Mujeres tour with Palace Resorts

Yes,you are correct germond, but in the same sentence I said there are "tons of things for kids and families". Sorry, I should have used the word "some" instead of "many". The name of this thread IS "Isla Mujeres Tour with Palace Resorts" and the Palace resort on Isla Mujeres does not allow kids. Also the places you mentioned above...my point was that I didn't want people with kids to be disappointed or upset.

BTW, if you don't have kids with you Villa La Bella is awesome!

http://www.villalabella.com/photos.asp