We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

Level Contributor
465 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

Wondering if there are book stores in Cancun so I don't have to add the weight of books to my luggage.

Also, any recommended books to read while sitting by the beach/ pool - or - in my room watching it rain ???

Thanks.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,350 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

I don't remember any bookstores, but books that I find are very expensive. I just read "Swimsuit" by James Patterson last week on vacation and it was an easy page turner. Anything by Dean Koontz is also good.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

The Help is excellent!

Colorado
Level Contributor
987 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

The girl with the dragon tattoo

The girl who played with fire

The girl who stirred up the hornets nest

Get the whole trilogy. Great poolside reading!!!!

Bring them with you and donate to the locals afterwards, thus allowing room for gifts etc.

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

I loaded up my Kindle with Jodi Piccoult for our trip in June. Compelling. Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpetta) novels are also great for total distraction.

Enjoy your relaxing time!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

Bookstores with english books are very rare even for magazines...my recommendation is to buy before you go.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

Not sure about Cancun but there is an excellent bookstore in Puerto Morelos called Alma Libre, only open October-April approximately.

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

There is a used book store in downtown Cancun that is owned by a Canadian lady. The name escapes me, but to get there take the R2, R15 or R103 bus and get off at the Market 28 exit. From there you walk back about a block and it is on the same side of the street. Just a little place, but easy to spot on foot.

Easy and inexpensive with plenty of English books.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

I also have a Kindle and load up on different books when we go. So much easier than taking a few books, not knowing what you will be interested in reading. Keep everything in one place and it is very light. I carry it in my purse. Good authors I like are: Shannon McKenna, Nora Roberts, JD Robb. It all depends on what type of books you like to read. And yes, Kindle are very easy to read in the sunlight. Wish it had somekind of backlight for nighttime, though.

9. Re: Cancun Bookstores and Recommended Beach Books

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:18