We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

I'm travelign to Cancun in Mid November for a 3 day romatic get away with my boyfriend. We're in our mid 40's love good food but don't drink much. We're looking for great views, nice pool, good food not too loud.

Should be go all inclusive? We're on a budget so some highly recommende dhotels like Le Blanc Spa and Dreams are out of the budget.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
628 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

I always struggle with this question, too. If you stay at a resort that has multiple restaurants and food options, then an all-inclusive package may benefit you. However, if you stay at a resort that has limited food options or just one or two restaurants, then I think your meals would get monotonous eating the same kind of food day after day. A few year ago, we didn't buy an "all-inclusive" plan and went out to eat each night. It was expensive. Our cheapest dinner bill was $120 for two people. I think the "all-inclusive" deals are awesome when it comes to room service. It's also nice to not have to worry about carrying money with you to the pool and beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

Another important consideration is whether or not you and your boyfriend will be spending a lot of time at the resort, lounging around the pool and beach. If the answer is yes, then I would recommend you consider staying at the Gran Melia. You can reserve a European Plan room, but if you decide in the morning that you want the All Inclusive for that day, you can simply pay about $100 per person at the reception desk to add that feature on. I also really enjoyed the food at the resort, especially at Ku-Nah, a real destination Mexican restaurant in my humble opinion.

If you are not the types to sit around the pools and beach all day, then by all means you should be staying at a European Plan resort. If you are like me, and enjoy dining out, eating great food and enjoying fine wine, and tequila of course, then Cancun is the perfect destination for you. Resorts to consider include the following:

Hyatt Regency

Hilton Golf & Spa Resort

ME by Melia

Ritz Carlton

J.W. Marriott-also check out the Marriott CasaMagna

Live Aqua

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach-also check out the sister resort Fiesta Americana Condesa

While some of these resorts will probably be in a higher price range than you want to stay within, please keep in mind that depending on which part of the month you would like to travel, resorts have been known to run great specials.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

Hi - I just got back from Cancun - and had a bit of the same dilemna. My friend and I stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna and it was perfect! We got a deal on marriott.com for $119 a night, but the 4th night was free. It included Breakfast, which was a huge and very delicious buffet.. after that we didn't need lunch. We ordered a few drinks by the pool but not a ton, and then had the freedom to go out at night for dinner. There are some restaurants on property at the Marriott, and all that we tried were good. I'd highly recommend the Marriott. You can also use the JW facilities next door.

In general, I find that the food at AI really isn't that good... and even if you are a big drinker, the booze is watered down and low end stuff anyway. I personally like the freedom of being able to go out for dinner and not feeling like I'm paying twice.

Another tip - the buses you can get right in front of the hotel are really easy and everyone uses them. If you're looking to save $$, don't bother with the cabs.

4. Re: Cancun in November... All Inclusive or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 06:20