We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Info Great Parnassus!!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need Info Great Parnassus!!

I have been reeding not to book on the Hilton side??

what is the other side called?

plan on going there in March with wife and son...any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you

Steph!

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

Uh, the north side?

Never heard about not wanting to face the Hilton. What are people saying?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

I can't imagine anyone at the Great Parnassus caring what they faced....it's everyone else who doesn't want to face the Great Parnassus, frankly. We had the misfortune of staying at the Royal Islander next door in May in a villa adjacent to that monstrosity. It was so annoying loud and distracting. I'll never stay anywhere that I have to deal with that again....I wouldn't want to stay on the Hilton side that faced the Great Parnassus. Doesn't seem to me that anyone at the Great Parnassus cares one whit about any of the other resorts around them and their peace and quiet. It's a loud, annoying resort. If that turns you on, great. The Hilton is beautiful and quiet...except for those who have the misfortune of being near the GP.

Cheryl

Montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

wow...ok...am looking to go there because of the kids friendly atmosphere...guess your not into that...

thank you for your honest opinion!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

The Royal Resorts next door are very kid friendly but not loud and obnoxious. I guess your idea of a family vacation is not the same as mine. I know what I'll make sure to avoid from now on...no more villas next to that disaster. If you like loud thumping music and screaming "entertainment" crews so loud they annoy people at adjacent resorts, then more power to you. That's not "kid friendly"....that's painful. Our kids have grown up coming here but are able to enjoy kid activities without deafening noise.

Cheryl

Montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

we are going to the Gran caribe real for new years so we were looking for something else for 5 my year olds spring break...I guess to each it's own!!

thanks for the info just the same!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

We're going in March also with 3 kids. I think people advise to stay away from the side facing the Hilton generators because of the the noise. Not sure what the other side is called but I would check some Great Parnassus reviews and send a private message for advice.

Good Luck.

Montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

thats exactly what I'll do...I usually send an e-mail ahead anyways!!

maybe we.ll get to see each other..plan on leaving March 7 till the 14!!

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
710 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

The reason why people say not to stay on the Hilton side is, there is more noise from air conditioning units on that side of the hotel. We've never stayed there but have visited when staying at the Golden Parnassus. We've enjoyed some good meals there and relaxation in the adult only area.

Montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

thank you very much

Steph

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Info Great Parnassus!!

Yes. The Great is very different than the Royal Resorts that Cheryl mention. I stayed at the Great and was now impressed - I would much rather stay at the Royal Resorts. However, your 5 year old will enjoy the Great P. a lot more in my opinion - there is certainly more there for kids. The waterpark there would have been awesome for a 5 year old, but when we there it was January and the air tempature and water was too cold to enjoy. Another one to look at is the Barcelo in the Riviera Maya - they have a waterpark and you'll be in a quieter setting during Spring Break.