We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

immagration

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
la center,wa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
immagration

I have a passport my wife does not, what id will she need? some say birth certificate and drivers license or birth certificate divers license and marriage license.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: immagration

She just needs her birth certificate and drivers license.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: immagration

Birth certificate and drivers license should be enough, but I have heard of some instances recently where they have asked for a marriage license because obviously her name on the BC will be different than the DL. In those cases, the people were inconvenienced, but still allowed to go through. It might be a good idea to go ahead and bring the marriage license, unless it is in a frame and hanging on the wall like mine.

Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: immagration

I was under the impression that as of Jan.1, 06 everyone needed a valid passport, this is per funjet vacations.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: immagration

There have been many posts on passports, the date is now 12-31-06.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: immagration

Going to Cozumel last Feb. I needed my birth certificate, driver's license and marriage certificate. Take all. I now have a passport so it will be a breeze.

DM

Georgia
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: immagration

Make sure your birth certificate has a raised seal. Ours are so old, the seal has been pressed flat. We now use passports. Only one thing to keep up with.