We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Las Americas questions

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Las Americas questions

Have decided to go to Cancun rather than back to Punta Cana. Can anyone who has stayed here tell me if you liked it, did not like it, why or why not. Any other suggestions or comments welcomed. Thank you.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

It's my favorite AI in Cancun.

When you walk in the lobby, it will take your breath away.

Rooms have granite countertops, cherrywood trim, stocked refrigerators, and liquor dispensers with smirnoff, cuervo gold, bacardi, and a brandy.

Food is great, especially the breakfast buffet, Italian restaurant by the lobby for lunch, and the Japanese or Sir Arthurs for dinner.

Top shelf liquor at the bars. Good entertainment at night, and you will not see your waiter up there.

Great pools, and beach with beautiful calm water.

Make sure you get a massage on the "rock" that sticks out over the water.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

We will be staying there in March. It will be our first visit, however, the brother of our travel companions has stayed there and absolutely loved it! They said the food was great, service impeccable, and would go again definately. One of the perks at the palace is that you can visit all three Rui resorts in Cancun. BUT, guests of the Riu Cancun and Riu Caribe do not have privleges at the Palace. Friends of mine who stayed next door at the Riu Cancun said the Palace was beautiful but kind of stuffy. The night life at riu cancun was much more lively than at the palace. When do you plan on going?

Divamom

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

We are trying to go in June, early, before hurricanes! I am glad to hear it sounds nice. I also was wondering how far it is to Xel-Ha snorkeling park in Riviera Maya. I wondered approximately how much it would cost to get there from Cancun? Have a great trip, I hope to hear all about it when you get back!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

emtlady,

I'll be glad to give a full report! I don't know a thing about Xel-Ha tours. I'm sure if you start a thread someone on this forum will know. It's a great resource!

Adios!

Divamom 58 days.....58 days....58 days

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

bump for any other information or input on whether you stayed here and liked it or ??? thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

it's a great resort, my favorite so far! Very "wow". Excellent service. Food was excellent, buffets were huge and good! We compared the food to being on a cruise, even better than Secrets Capri (and they really talk up their food). We didn't find it stuffy at all, we had fun talking to the bartenders and other guests. We didn't partake in the pool activities, but they were there. The quiet pool has beds along side it, great for a mid-afternoon nap! Rooms are nice, it's quite new. Late late night snacks were only so so. I don't think you could get room service.

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

emtlady,

Xel-Ha is about an hour away, we stayed at the Riu Cancun and booked the all inclusive tour to Xel-Ha and got picked up right at our resort, we booked it with our Funjet guy in the lobby. Xel-Ha's a great place!!! We really enjoyed it, we're going back to the Riu Cancun Feb. 25th and going to Isla Murjures this time, we'll have out two daughters with, 1st time snorkelers. Both the Riu's are great and beautiful properties we went and looked around the Palace when we were there!Hope this helps! Shana

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

All tips are very helpful!!! I think we are going to go for the Riu Cancun since it was about $200.00 less per person. I just hope it is nice...

Ky.
Level Contributor
346 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

Stayed there last Feb. with 4 other couples. We had a great time.The view from the lobby takes your breath. The staff were great. I thought the food was better than at the Palace resorts. (I didn't like getting up early each day to make reservations- I think they may have changed that somewhat) Try to get a room above the first floor for a better view. Also make sure you get the kind of bed you want. We requested king but actually got 2 smaller beds pushed together. I ended up in the crack. Have a great time. The place makes beautiful pictures.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas questions

I hate the crack!