We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
964 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

Hi,has anyone had a free upgrade at the Riu Caribe?

As we will be celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary while we are there,our travel agent has said they may give us a free upgrade,just wondered if anyone has had one before off them.

Thanks Marie...

Va
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

It wouldn't hurt to ask,but don't expect it. I am sure they will offer you an upgrade for a fee.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

sunngod is correct but it does not hurt to ask when you arrive. When we were there we just ask to be moved to a upper floor and recieved a great room on the 6th floor. When we ask at the RIU Cancun the sister resort of the Caribe we recieved a free upgrade to a junior suite in the annex. If I remember right the even numbers rooms are on the outside of the horseshoe at the Caribe and the odd number rooms are in the inner part of the horseshoe shape resort that over looks the pool, beach buffetsteak house and the caribbean.

syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

It depends on when you go and what day you check in. Checking in on a Mon-Thursday your luck would be better I would assume. You want to be above the 4th floor for sure. Problem with them is that they think "upgrade" is the rooms with the larger balcony on the ocean side, which, granted, that is nice, but they are directly above the band in the open lobby. NOT good when you try to take a nap before dinner or are ill. We tried to change it immediately with no luck, 2 days later and a twenty dollar bill in hand, we got a room on the end on the highest floor so that we were away from the lobby noise. That is really the most important thing there. There are I believe 2 roof top type suites with their own pool, but not sure if you can ever get those if you are not a timeshare member.

lancs
Level Contributor
964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

Thanks for your replies,we will just wait and see what they give us.

Marie.

5. Re: Upgrade @ Riu Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:18