We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

I'll be spending Christmas in Cancun - the eastern part of the peninsula: Tulum, Cozumel, Cancun, Isla Mujeres. I'm sure I can ask around when I get there but how is Christmas usually celebrated in the Yucatan? I'm hoping there will be outdoor festivals or activities on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day so that I'm not stuck in my hotel room by myself. Can anyone recommend a town or event worth visiting on Christmas?

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

i don't know if you enjoy a good meal like we do but last christmas on dec 24th, the ritz carlton had an international buffet in one of their restaurants and the meal was to die for. then on the 25th of december, they had a pinata party for families with free drinks and food in one of the banquet rooms as well.

if i remember correctly, i believe the buffet on the 24th was about $90usd per person but it was worth every penny.

we enjoyed it so much we are returning this year from 23dec to 26dec just for their christmas celebrations and that buffet.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,874 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

I don't know the full answer to your question or have ideas, but if I recall correctly Christmas Eve is the night most places close early or have limited things open. You might want to think about a resort restaurant that night. Everything was open on Christmas Day.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

I agree with the above posters - the resorts make a wonderful production out of Christmas - and the decorations are wonderful. My hotel of choice is the Ritz Carlton and their decorations and celebration are truly magical - no worries - there will be plenty of festivities no matter where you are - the majority of Mexicans are Catholic and it's a very special holiday. Enjoy.

4. Re: What to do in Cancun on Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 05:17