We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Help

Now... I know that you cannot predict the weather and everyone hates weather questions...but if i could just get an an opinion or an observation from someone who lives there.

We are scheduled to leave for the Gran Caribe Real on Tuesday the 16th of November. Effective Thursday the18th the long range forecast is clouds and 60% chance of rain for the remainder of the week we will be there. is that unusual? I chose the dates on the basis of previous weather history. Is there a possibility we will see some sun, or does, it usually rain for the entire day? Thanks in advance to anyone who may comment.

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
136 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,055 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,380 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Just got back a couple weeks ago. It poured for two and a half minutes (more or less) each day. We had more than enough sun. GO, GO, GO! Have fun.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,352 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Have been there twice in Nov. and can tell you there was not much if any rain for 12 days and very few clouds, even tho the Weather Channel site had a forecast like yours.

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

“ Help ”

"Now... I know that you cannot predict the weather and everyone hates weather questions.."

Pretty much lost me there.

There is a risk of rain in November, but it is relatively low. Unless you have rain cancellation insurance, I am not sure what you are stressing about. You will be fine and have a great trip.

Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

I'm here in Puerto Morelos now and the sun is shining (85 degrees today) cooler at night, so you don't need an air conditioner. November is a fine month to visit.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Judy I used to do the same thing as you are doing but after several years of travelling in November I have learned to not even look at the "forecast" but listen to what the people in that country are saying. I never thought this 6 inches of snow we got in MB. last week would stay but looks like we are in for a loong prairie winter so ANYTHING warmer than this is good in my books. Enjoy, enjoy.........

usa
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

I will be down there nov 17th and will bring lots of sun!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help

how did you get from 60% chance of rain to it raining all day? very......creative

Ludington, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help

We just got back yesterday! Had a blast!!! It rained at most an hour each day, but there is plenty to do indoors for that hour! Pull up a seat at the bar :) It was pretty cloudy 4 out of the 6 days we were there, but that didn't stop anyone from lounging by the pool all day. It also didn't stop me from getting sun burnt... ouch! The other 2 days were bright and sunny! No matter what the weather, you will have a blast!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help

Muchos Gracias everyone...Looking forward to lots of good times. Thanks for taking the time to lift our spirits.

Edited: 15 November 2010, 00:09
TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help

Any tropical location will have a forcast of high precip - unless there is a storm hovering - do not worry - have a great trip.

TX1