We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where and when to change currency.

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Where and when to change currency.

Airport, Hotel, Bank?

NJ
Level Contributor
554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where and when to change currency.

Your best bet is to use an ATM -- Inform your bank of your destination and dates, check to insure that there are no high fees ---- withdraw Peseos.

You will get the best exchange rate that way.

Second choice is your hotel or exchange booth in the HZ

Avoid the airport

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where and when to change currency.

they gave better rates in cancun at the hotel then I got at the airport or my bank here in ohio got 10 to 1 at the airport and like 9.89 at the bank. Cancun was 12 to 1

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where and when to change currency.

As the previous post said an ATM is a better option than thru an exchange at the airport or hotel. I travel to London a lot and I only pay a $2 surcharge to withdraw £300 or £400.

The other option is to let your local bank know ahead of time and they can provide you the pesos before you leave for your trip. Most banks charge nothing for this service to their customers.

4. Re: Where and when to change currency.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 06:16