We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Adventure Resort

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Adventure Resort

Hiya

Thinking of staying here for a couple of weeks in February. There will be 6 of us including Gradma (fit 75+), 3 girls between 7 & 11 and us.

I understand this resort is somewhat out of the way but does the bus from the hotel zone pass by?

We've been before but pre kids and last time we wanted to be in the middle of all the restaurants, bars and clubs on the strip but this time we will be all inclusive so I only want to venture to the strip a couple of times a week for dinner but I don't want to have some sort of expedition to get there.

Obviously you get what you pay for, so I'm not expecting 5* luxury but I do expect clean, comfortable surroundings with edible food and good hygiene standards. Will I be disappointed?

Do many families go to this resort (trying to work out if the kids will make friends!)

Thanks in advance

S

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

This resort is more than just a little out of the way. No, the bus does not go that far.

The location is about 5 minutes past the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal. You will have to use a taxi to at least take you to the buses (ideally downtown Cancun) and from there onto the Hotel Zone.

If you look on the top left of the map below, you can see it listed under its old name, Blue Bay.

cancun-travelnet.com/images/…20Total.jpg

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

Hi

Thanks for this. Sorry to be thick but on the above map - where is downtown Can Cun?

I've been before, but can't get my bearings. Is Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood down the right hand side of the map.

Also, has the bus route changed because I'm alsmost sure we stayed at the Imperial Las Perlas last time and on this map it's past the Blue Bay?

Map Reading - not one of my skills....

Thanks again

S

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

Doh - Husband has just pointed out the Blue Bay right around the corner.

I was looking at the Blue Bay Getaway!

I see it is far out now...

chicago
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

According to others who have stayed there the bus does go there. I've contacted many families who posted reviews of the hotel and overall the responses have been positive. Feel free to contact me after my visit.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

According to others who have stayed there the bus does go there. I've contacted many families who posted reviews of the hotel and overall the responses have been positive. Feel free to contact me after my visit.

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

Thank you - I will contact you on your return and look forward to your review (when do you go?).

I've booked it today so am going whether or not - but it would be still good to hear about!

Thx

S

chicago
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

Ill be back december 5

8. Re: Sea Adventure Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:16