We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Whistler, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Sunset Group is a SCAM!

The Sunset Group is a scam with the lowest ethical standards. They tell you lies to make you buy their packages. I bought their package and regret it very much. I wish I had done some research about them...Ocean Spa Hotel, Laguna Suites Golf and Spa, Premier Cancun Vacations and more are all part of the Sunset Group.

Do not buy timeshare or buy their special vacation package!

Lakefield
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Shame you didnt do your research before leaving home as a few questions on here beforehand would have saved you a lot of trouble, time and undoubtably money.

You would have found out that, with very few exceptions, timeshare sharks are not to be trusted.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Just say NO...to timeshares.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Oh my god; what shall i do?

I've paid the money already., what do you advice.me? Is this a real scam. I am really interested to go with my kids?

Please advice

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

I've paid the money already., what do you advice.me? Is this a real scam. I am really interested to go with my kids?

Please advice

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Please advice

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

I would really like to know if this is a scam also....

My parents just purchased this package over the phone. Has anyone gone to Cancun to either of the resorts yet? Looks like the only thing to be wery of is the possiblity of someone selling you time shares. Which is very easy to say no too.

Is there anything else? Is this legit? Or is this a scam? Also, for anyone who has tried either of the resorts... it would be great if you could share your feedback on the quality of the resorts and which you recommend staying at since my parents have already paid for this.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

You allways say THANK YOU, I am not planning to come back to CANCUN, it was a only once trip: they will let you go and stop trying to sell you a timeshare...

They even try at Walmart in Centro....They are really skarks....Nver buy a imesahre as you never know what can happen in a country...politicaly...

and not just in Mexico, EVERYWHERE in the world.

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Do you know if the sunset group legit though? Is it safe to book accomodations with them?

They said I need to book my own flights and accomodations are taken care of. Is this legit? Or should I be aware of anything else?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

Check out the hotel reviews on TA. I would also suggest that you call the hotels directly and ask them if they partner with this organization. I personally have never heard of them, but if you already have money involved that's what I would start out doing.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,283 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Group is a SCAM!

The Sunset Group has long been known for fraud-- do a Google searce "Sunset Group Fraud". If memory serves me correctly, the founder is in a US prison.