We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
8 posts
Save Topic
Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

Don't get it. My wife, who has never posted before from her website, has sent in a very complimentary report on the Ritz Carlton after our stay more than two weeks ago. We found it great to our liking, and she detailed parts of the RC she liked (and didn't like). Yet after two weeks, TA has not yet posted her report. What gives? The oldest RC posting is from October! ("This place is obscene..." it says, sure misleading if a TA post ever was!), and yet her post has never been included. What gives?

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

I also posted a review of Hotetur.. we actually stayed in June, and I tried 4-5 times easily to get my review posted, and for whatever reason, they won't post it!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

Email TA and ask them about it. One of mine took a while too. I forget why.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

When you have successfully posted you normally get a notice from TA confirming that they have your review and it will be posted shortly. Your review may not have processed correctly?

I would just re-sumit it and make sure that you fill out all the catagories.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
824 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

I don't think its just about Ritz Cancun. I've submitted a review two months ago, and it was never posted.

Edited: 30 December 2010, 03:43
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,547 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

The TA Help Center might be useful:

tripadvisor.com/help/why_do_some_reviews_tak…

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

Was the review a lengthy one?

My reviews always seem to get rejected because they are too long & detailed. By some miracle, they accepted my Akumal review last year.

I suggest you re-submit.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

not sure why they would deny it if long & detailed.. those are the ones I like to read.. I re submitted mine at least 5 times.. not sure why it wont go through?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,547 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

Just a suggestion, I posted the link to the help support center above, instead of "wondering" why a review hasn't been posted, why don't you contact them via message or email and ask them? After all, TA is a service for us, not the other way around. That is, unless you just want to continue venting and hope in the interim that someone at TA reads your post (which is doubtful). My motto is the direct approach is best.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

sorry, the link you provided, I did not see a "contact us" or email.... I looked at the top tabs, bottom where contact us is normally, and don't see anything.. I guess TA wants to stop tourism to mexico!

Can you please provide the email addresS?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Does TA have it against Ritz Carlton?

There's a huge section called :

HELP

This is the link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help