We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Hello all,

Just booked Moon Palace for a summer holiday. Kids range between 4 - 14.

Have a few queries as British Airways seem to take forever to get back to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Grand Deluxe room designation mean I am in the Grand section? The Palace resort website does not show this room designation, only a Deluxe room, Superior Deluxe room and a Grand Deluxe Suite ??

If we are a distance from Sunrise in Grand, will this be hard work, as we have 6 kids!

Has anybody been able to upgrade their room designation with the resort credits? Early indications are that we will not be able to upgrade because we are in the Grand section ?? Not interested in Golf and Spa, so this seems like mis representation to me.

Not being able to swim in the sea, as mentioned on these forums, is less of a problem. A greater problem is not using the watersports and snorkelling. Any ideas, experiences?

Thanks

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

The Grand section is the newest and nicest of the 3 sections. There are 3 pools and 2 restaurants one of which serves daily breakfast so that will be great for your large family. I believe that the designation they gave you would indicate the Grand section. Palace doesn't allow more than 4 in one room normally so you must be getting 2 rooms. You would have to request at check in that you wanted them next to each other and I don't think this is a guarantee. Even a Presidential Suite has a maximum of 6.Most of the kid's activities are on the Sunrise side and Grand is relatively quiet for a large family. You will still be able to use the watersports and snorkeling equiptment, you just have to go over to between Nizuc and Sunrise to use them. The walk on the sidewalk next to the beach would be a little long for young children although it is a nice walk over there. The lobby to lobby bus goes very frequently to the other 2 sections and golf carts are available over to the Nizuc side. The stop for both of these is very close to the Caribbean Restaurant which has the breakfast. MP is a great family resort and I'm sure you will have a great time. Perhaps you should inquire about the room again to be sure it is indeed 2 rooms.

Edited: 03 January 2011, 20:28
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

The walk between Grand, Nizuc and Sunrise is not that far along the beach. Half a mile maybe. The kids pools and clubs are near Sunrise though, so that might be better if you are traveling with kids.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

If I was traveling with kids your age range, I would request the Sunrise section. Just think about forgetting something and having to go the 1/2 mile walk to get it and that might happen a few times a day. And during the summer, it will be very hot there, so the kids might get a tad cranky walking in the heat. The Grand is quiet and seems to be more for the adults than the kids.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Check out where your room is when you arrive and if you are not happy just ask to be moved closer to where you want to be, they usually are very willing to do this for you.

Each section has its good points, so stay on the Grand side and maybe spend a day on the Sunrise and then another day at Nizuc and it will feel like you vacationed at several different places!

Water sports still happen at Moon, the water is much calmer there and you will see lots of people in the water. With kids your age range you will be much more comfortable with the calmer ocean then in the Hotel Zone.

We always enjoyed the walk from one side to the next as we tend to eat too much when we are at the Moon and it helps to work it off!

Relax and enjoy, you and your family will have a great time there!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

hi montgomery when do you go to moon palace?

weare a family from yorkshire in the UK ( inc a 10year old boy) going for the first time in August for a summer holidays for 2 weeks.

we also are looking for as much info as possible regarding activties and spending the $15000 resort credits.

thanks dave

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Thanks everybody so much for your prompt responses.

We have not gone yet Dave, we too are booked for the end of July into August, so we might meet?

Nanasal we have booked two rooms. Trying to find a way to have 8 in two rooms and balance a small bit of privacy and space will be hard still ! Our ideal would be a family room with another room next door.

Thanks to all of the good advice on here, I have found the email address for reservations and I have entered into email correspondence regarding how to move to Sunrise or Nizuc.

We are all pretty active and like a walk, but beachboysbabe made a great point about popping back to the room all of the time. My little ones will probably try the kids club and my older girls will want to go to the teen disco, I think these are both in Sunrise / Nizuc?

Thanks again

Adam (Monty is one of my small ones btw !)

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Yes, more to do for the kids/teen in Sunrise and Nizuc. Alot more restaurants to choose from and they do have things around the pools at nighttime to occupy your time. Check when you get there, and you will be able to see when all the shows are and where they are. They are also in Sunrise and Nizuc section.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Hi, We are a family from Scotland same as you staying in Grand section end july into august, with kids boy 9, girl 16. heard alot about the 1/2 mile walk from Grand to Sunrise, but not too bothered about the walking and the golf buggies carts are around if needed. Help to work off the excess food we will all be eating , no doubt. maybe see you there!

Edited: 07 January 2011, 20:31
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

Hi Dave, just reading your post again, the $1500 credits you mentioned is that only if you stay over december to april?

Cheers

yorkshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon Palace Cancun - Booked and curious ..

no the free credits run all year, we booked with thomas cook and got them for august.well we hope so lol.

hope this helps.