We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

Long time no post.

Hope everyone is doing great. Our post-Wilma trip to Turks & Caicos Club Med (in substitute of GCPS) was an absolute blast, btw. Highly recommend.

But I still want my GCPS fix. I really, really want to go in February, just maybe for 5 days or so? However only one friend of mine may or may not be able to come with me

:(

I have no problem going alone (I think… I wanted to last year, but didn’t have to). Should I? I guess I’ll be safe on the grounds of GCPS.

I hope there will be some fun people to talk to and hang out with? Maybe go dancing with a group, etc. I’m not a wild type, just want some sun and ocean. A little leery going alone though.

Is anyone going to GCPS weeks of Feb 19 and/or Feb 27.

Also – Riu Cancun as GCPS alternative? Fun? Descent beach? Ok for non-family people? Do tell.

N

Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

chichick Can't see a problem going alone our son is coming with us, I told him, he will have fun as there is always so much going on that you just join in on and make the best of it. But can you get a room, as our other son decide he was going to come with us and there were no rooms left for that week, (that is when we will be there). But go for it, if you are out going then you will have a great time.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
706 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

Chichick: There are four girls arriving on Feb 26. Two of us are staying for two weeks & two are staying for one week. You are more than welcome to join us. We are not the wild type either but like to have lots of fun. We are bringing a bunch of good dance cd's as well so maybe we can start a good dance group in the Beer Gardens. They did have a dance floor there last year but nobody got up to dance. Let's try to change that this year.

Hope to see you there. Post again if you get a booking. We will be the girls from Victoria Canada.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

Everyone I know that had been worried about going alone turned out to love their experience.

Remember, everyone is on vacation and happy, so would be thrilled to have an extra fun person join their group to go out!

And if they don't, well, you wouldn't want to hang out with them anyway, would you?

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GCPS end of Feb - going alone (ok, maybe not)

Thanks for a good word everyone.

I'm still pestering my girlfriend about going... she may break, hehe.

I actually figured out a way to get a descent rate even if I stay at GCPS by myself ;)

LPP - thanks for posting! you rock. I'd love to have some good company (esp. ppl who love to dance!) shall I go... In such case I will certainly post again!

Btw, I like bringing my own CD's, also :)

cheers,

n