We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

Im 25 and taking my girlfriend to cancun again. We just recently stayed at the Omni which was very nice and i'm having a hard time choosing my next resort as i feel that it might not be up to my expectations. Four things it must have. Room Service, A/C, All inclusive, I like a nice pool with a nice view not some round puddle that i can find here in the U.S. i want a great design and not be crowded due to smallness. it must have a swim up bar and at least 5 different places to eat at. ( thats a little more than 4) I loved how the omni had a jacuzzi bar and a swim up bar the pool was sectioned into three different pools, which i dont mind if its all connected as long as there different places to go. ( like maybe if it wraps around the resort). I have no one else to ask the people at expedia are just as helpful as my computer. I have narrowed my search considering that ill be staying for 6 nights and i dont want to spend more than $2200 The GR solaris is $1700 The ME cancun is $2200 i really like it the ME cancun, the Dreams cancun with the dolphins or the Live aqua limitless. I want something where they have activities at the pool and a nice swim up bar where we spend most of our time. Thank you so much for reading my message. I'll be looking foward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

curious about an answer to this question.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,785 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

The resort of personal preference here is the GR Solaris but she may fail to meet your daily eating requirements, she's a newer, upscale, mid size resort for Cancun's Hotel Zone so depending on time of year, she may be crowded and all the pools aren't connected.

I've never been to the ME, Live Aqua and the last I stayed at the Dreams Resort, she was called the Camino Real, so it's difficult to give you the specific advice you're looking for.

But based on what knowledge I have of the four resorts generally, I'd likely rank them in order of choice as 1) Aqua, 2) GR Solaris, 3) Dreams, 4) ME, however that's just my opinion. ;-)

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

Ive decided on the cancun palace because they give a 1500 dollar resort credit

4. Re: Please Help, Help me decide. Which resort??? Look

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 08:59