We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top questions About Cancun

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Top questions About Cancun

When you look to the right, you'll see the banner "Top Questions About Cancun". Does anyone else feel it is a bit odd, and inaccurate that #'s 1 & 2 are:

about CANCUN ! Active Storms in the Area ! and

Hurricane Season Information

???

TA, perhaps at this point you could add: Safety in Cancun. What do you think?

PA
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Top questions About Cancun

Makes sense to me.........Simply b/c of the %^&# that's going on presently....

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top questions About Cancun

I agree and the safety issue needs to be in the FAQ for all Yucatan Peninsula boards - not just Cancun.

Safety threads come up multiple times per day and they get a ton of identical responses. With every response, the topic is bumped to the top making it look like safety is the subject of the day when it is actually a bunch of Cancun fans that just want to get their 2 cents in.

9/10 times, the OP never responds. Many of them are probably trolls and we are just feeding them by responding. We need to direct the OP to the FAQ and let the thread die. A little discipline could go a long way.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top questions About Cancun

Duck, I agree with all of your points. Very well said. TA, are you paying attention?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top questions About Cancun

FYI: The Top Questions posts and links - as wel as the Cancun Itineraries are the responsibility of the Destination Experts for that specific board, not TripAdvisor staff. In the case of Cancun, there are a dozen DE's (see list on the bottom right). As a DE from the Solo Travel forum, I can add a new link and even change the position of the current links for my forum (ie. make an item #1 or on top vs. the bottom). It just takes a few minutes to do this, so hopefully a DE for Cancun will do this.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 18:54
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top questions About Cancun

bk_t1 are you sure the Destination Experts can add topics as they please? SInce questions about the topic of safety come up on an almost daily basis, and the Destination Experts are always addressing them, it seems obvious that it would have been placed up there long ago. I'm betting they don't really have the flexibility to add what they want, when they want, but maybe I'm mistaken about that.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top questions About Cancun

Good idea and it has been taken care of... ;-)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top questions About Cancun

Thank you.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top questions About Cancun

Awesome.

Next thread I see on safety, I'm saying "See FAQ" and leaving it at that.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top questions About Cancun

@Dangers: Thank you.

@Eric: Yes, the DE's have the full ability to reference or index posts from previous questions or threads as they please. In fact, each of them has this ability, and technically as a DE myself, even from a different board I am programmed to do it (but I would never add to a board without asking).

I think it's a great TA feature and a way to make things dynamic - really helping to keep up to date and giving new posters the answers to previous questions. The problem is that most new posters don't see this area and want to ask their question brand new.

10. Re: Top questions About Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 06:06