We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

hi to all fellow english travellers......did you fly with thomas cook? we have heard we cannot upgrade to premium anymore as they have stopped premium seats outbound?! have you flown with thomas cook? how did you find the flight?? we have flown with thomsons before and heard bad bad things about thomas cook!! lol

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

We flew with Thomas Cook in Oct (albeit in premium) and could not fault them. The only difference seems to be Thompsons have more choice when it comes to the seatback entertainment. People said the seats had plenty of leg room, food we had was the same and good and flight attendants were good.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

And its true, only premium inbound, due to the lovely government pushing the taxes on the premium seats up, they told us that it would be the same price upgrade with BA/Virgin and obviously they cant provide the same quality so knew people wouldn't pay that. Think its £50 for the inbound upgrade, but i cant find what that includes, and since its a night flight doesnt make that much difference

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

I've flown with both Thomsons and Thomas Cook, premium both times and Thomsons was far better on our flights. Leg room great on both but we found the seats really hard on the Thomas Cook flights and the arm rests were solid which meant that you were unable to move them up to create more space. Service was also much better but that can change depending on the crew.

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
919 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

we flew with thomas cook to mexico last october and the worst thing was definitely the lack of entertainment. You cannot pause, rewind programmes etc like you can with thomson and there are no games. as we knew this was the case both of us took our psp's to keep us entertained. it might seem like a little thing to some people but we just can't sleep on planes so need something to pass the time.

we did not have a choice of food in cattle class and i think you usually do with thomson, even if it is generally chicken or beef lol.

we also thought the seats were more narrow but we did have a plane with the toilets downstairs on both flights which was nice to be able to stretch your legs.

however, on the way to cancun you are just so excited that you put up with things but coming back feeling sad to be leaving mexico you want to feel as comfortable as possible and that is why we have booked to fly with thomson again this year!

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

Hi, we are flying to Cancun next week with Thomas Cook and have got premium seats outbound and inbound xx

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
919 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

my understanding was thomas cook premium finishes in may this year but i'm not 100% sure

Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

thats right, after May 2011 premium will not be available on outbound flights with TC. only home bound.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

Thomas Cook will stop offering it on flights from the UK from May 2011, but will offer it for a £50 upgrade option on the return to the UK. Your £50 buys you the upgraded meal and free drinks and the two inches of extra legroom. Bear in mind, however, that the 35-inch seat pitch you get is three inches less than scheduled airlines' equivalent product and only two inches more than Thomas Cook's economy section.

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

Hi

I've flown cattle class on TC, Thomson and FC (now Thomson) to various long haul destinations.

Last year we flew TC to Kenya and didn't have seat back tv's however the price was much cheaper so I suppose you get what you pay for. Comfort wise - I didn't think there was much in it.

We knew before we flew so made sure that the kids had their DS's, Ipods and PSP's fully charged and took spare batteries and took the movies we knew they wanted to see.

Also - don't really like any plane food so we took a picnic.

It's a means to an end - go prepared and you'll be fine.

S

10. Re: ENGLISH TRAVELLERS........how are thomas cook airlines?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2012, 05:22