We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Xcaret

Hi,

Can anyone comment on Xcaret...worth the money? Full day needed? etc.

Also, how long of a drive is it from Dreams Riviera Cancun to Xcaret?

I see on their website the admission is $60sih...is it cheaper to book through the hotel when you arrive?

Thank You

Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret

you have to spend the day there to see everything....we took private bus there, and was quite expensive...it is beautiful....it took probably 90 minutes to get there...

Seneca Falls, New...
Level Contributor
211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret

I was not impressed with it. I liked Xelha better. I thought the snorkeling at Xcaret was terrible, and the area for snorkeling was small.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret

Xel Ha is more of a water-based park with great snorkeling. Xcaret is more land-based, and Xplor is more of an adventure/theme park.

Xcaret has cenotes you can float in, a butterfly enclosure, animals like jaguars and manatees, and a recreation of a Mayan village where costumed crafters sell things. There's a really fascinating "tour of the afterworld" where a guide takes you through the caves and fully-costumed performers recreate several rituals all around you (that was my favorite part.)

There's a stunning beach there, but there was so much to see that we didn't get to spend as much time as we'd have liked relaxing on it.

The night show is very well done. The first half is pre-Columbian, and they play the Mayan ball game with a flaming ball. Very cool. After that, there's about an hour and a half of folk dances from each Mexican state, which I think gets pretty tedious.

I definitely think the park is worth the cost, and you need a full day (or even more) to see everything there. I doubt if it's less to book through the hotels, but that does give you more flexibility in choosing your day to visit.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret

They recommend a day, or a day and a half for Xcaret.. If you only have a day then you can get round in a day. If you wanted to do a second day you can get a reduced ticket. We felt it would have been less rushed to get the second day.

The night show is awesome and not to be missed. All live music and large scale acting performance

Edited: 10 February 2011, 20:23
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret

Here are more pics for Xcaret. & other things in & about cancun. I highly rec Xcaret.

members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/3a1e6/#TL

members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/83ee4/#TL

6. Re: Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 13:16