We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyway car rental

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Easyway car rental

Anyone have any recent experiences with them, good or bad? How close to the airport is there office?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyway car rental

Just got back from staying between Akumal and Tulum. Rented from Easyway in Cancun. I had incredible angst about renting a car after reading all of the horror stories of misused credit card charges, bogus "damage" claims, etc. I read a few good reviews of Easyway and decided to go with them. Glad I did. I have to say, this was by far the easiest car rental experience of my life. Our flight was 1.5 hours late due to weather in Denver, but the Easyway guy was still there with a sign with our name on it. Their office is a short distance from CUN. We were in and out in no time, with a free upgrade to a much nicer car than we reserved (chances are you'll get upgraded too). No hard sell at all. Great car. Return of the car was INCREDIBLE! We drove in after 10 days and were greeted by name. A 15-second inspection, and we were off to the airport in the same car with no need to schlep luggage. Checked my credit card charges when I got home and all was as expected. Great rates (they guarantee to meet or beat), great service.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
886 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyway car rental

I just used them for a 2 week drive down the coast to Belize. Great service and people, as well as rates. They dropped the car off at our hotel (Holiday Inn Express) and picked it upafter a cursory look at the car. When you do get any car, I suggest checking the undercarriage for any preexisting tope damage as well as the usual dings.I would only use easyway, you jsy don't see any bad reviews.

I was hyper about getting police stops but had no problems.I read all chats on the topic and conclude if you ask for the ticket AFTER he puts the bite on you, and you then request to go to the station, you will never get a ticket. Why would he after requesting a bribe? At the end I was almost wanting it to happen to have the experience.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyway car rental

Used Easyway on my recent trip to Akumal (Feb 11, 2011). Had been pretty apprehensive about renting after reading all the posts. Didn't know any better the last time we were here so wasn't as nervous then. Read a lot of posts about people getting ripped off on so called vehicle damage when they brought their cars back. So decided to look for a company with zero deductible full insurance coverage this time.

Confirmed over the Internet that they have zero deductible insurance and prices quoted and charged were in US$ (no conversions back and forth with pesos). Total cost for a basic car (Nissan Tsuru - aka Nissan Sentra Classic) was just under $250 for the week.

When I arrived, the rental company rep was waiting outside with my name on a card. 5 min later, a car drove up to take us to the rental lot. Lot is located just north of the highway overpass to the Cancun airport. Car was almost brand new with only 1,000km on it. Check in was quick and no waiting (unlike at National where I had to wait about half an hour when I rented there last year). They offered us cold drinks while we filled out the paperwork. Quick check of the vehicle and we were on our way.

*** The insurance does not cover partial theft so you need to make sure everything is in the car including: floor mats, spare tire, jack, etc. before you leave the lot. Taking pictures is definitely recommended ***

Returned the car a week later and it took about 10 min. Quick condition check, got my blank credit card deposit slip and got driven back to the airport in the same car (luggage was still in the trunk).

Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 07:05
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyway car rental

so the zero deductible insurance from easyway covers all kinds of damages like windshield, dings, or scratches right?

so if bad luck and get stop by police, i should ASK for a ticket and request to pay at the police station??? is that what was suggested above?

only the partial theft mention above not covered.

Edited: 27 February 2011, 11:50
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyway car rental

Easyway is great but their office is hard to find after a week of being away and drinking. Be sure that they give you an EXACT map of their location and that you understand the map. They are located down behind a convenience store out of sight of the highway, but it is one of thousands of convenience stores and not easily remembered on the return when you are trying to rush to get your flight. This makes for some tense moments driving in circles on and off the exit ramps. Mexicans don't seem to use exit numbers which would be helpful here. The car we got from them was better than the car we rented from Alamo. But the drop off experience was easier with Alamo. My final verdict is to rent from a company that has a satellite office whereever you are staying. If something goes wrong they will happily switch out the car, but this is going to be a lot easier if they are ten minutes from you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyway car rental

We recently rented a car from Easyway in Cancun for a week, and drove around the Northern Yucatan. They phoned us at home the night before the reservation to confirm, met us at our hotel with the car...it was $209 for the week, tax in and all insurances.....we were on the road in a few minutes and had no problems with the vehicle. Returning the car to their airport location was a bit of an adventure (it is right behind the Pemex station at the entrance to the airport road, btw), but the transaction was closed without surprises, and they droppped me off at the airport. Very smooth, as negotiated and no hidden costs or hassles. I would rent there again.

(btw, driving in the Yucatan is a breeze...like driving in Quebec, but more laid back...some quirky road habits, like the frequwnt use of emergency flashers on cars, but driving and gassing up was no problem.)

Edited: 09 June 2011, 14:00
7. Re: Easyway car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 23:17