We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Providence, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

We will be going to Cancun this weekend and staying at the Casa Magna with our 7 year old son. We are looking for a great catamaran/boat day trip to Isla Mujeres - any recommendations? Did a few searches and not coming up with any tour recommendations. Many thanks!

K2P
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

I would tour the island by yourself. I did the full Fun Day and hated it. The water slide took you right toward a wood dock (not shown in any pictures) that many people came close to hitting. The kayak tour was such a joke it was hilarious. We got on kayaks and went about 200 yards down the beach stopped to 'rest' and went back. We could have walked there... and we were never out of sight of the main area. I still laugh that they called that a kayak tour and we had to follow a guide!!!! Because we chose to snorkel, we missed the sea turtles and gulf cart tour. The snorkeling was way way way better on the Jungle Tour. We will be getting a map from map chick and heading on our tour the next time.

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

take the ultramar fast ferry frome either puerto jaurez or playa tortugas

New Providence, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

UNfortunately, we leave in 2 days and so mapchick map is not an option at this point - would never get it in time. Bad planning on my part but looking for an easy tour way out!

K2P
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

Although map chick has the best map, it is my understanding that most of the golf cart rental places have a map you can use. It will lack the personalized detail, but the road is a loop and you won't get lost.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

we booked catamaran and swim with dolphine

booze food included

99usd per person

8 year old loved it

it was a nice day away from the hotel

we did also get to snokel but i thought daughter too young

we also spent 2 hours walking around the town where we shopped

have fun

vicky

penticton bc canada

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

Hi,

I have lived in Cancun for 10 years and I have a 16 month old. I love Isla Mujeres and we go all the time. Don't book a tour, go on your own! Here is some great info...

www.yucatan-holidays.com/guidebook/page/4/

Have a super vacation!

Carleen

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

We took our girls to Isla for the 1st time when they were 7+9.. We stayed on Isla for 5 days so we I would recommend taking a ferry to the island and going it by yourselfs..My kids loved snorkeling at Northbeach and driving around in a golfcart and going to the turtle farm.. So fun!! Even if you dont have a map, you cant really get lost.. Have fun!

8. Re: Boat day trip to Isla Mujeres with 7 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 08:18