We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

Auburn, New York
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

Can I use a visa to pay or do I need to pay in cash?

Las Vegas Nevada USA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

cash

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

Some vendors will take either or find a way to do so if it's credit and business is slow but I'd recommend paying in cash and I'm sure that's the vendor's preference as well.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

agreed - I would use pesos.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

Thank you for asking this question. I need to know this, but forgot to ask. How much should we expect to pay?

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

Depending on season, busy or slow, around $40-$45 US though I've seen higher and have negotiated lower. If the Isla's packed w/tourists there's almost no room to negotiate, so it's best not to haggle so much as to lose a cart over five bucks or so, waste time and possibly not get a cart. If it's slow, haggle a bit if you want. In the high season(s) or on anticipated busy days I'd get there early because I have seen the carts gone by noon w/ folks bummed out that they got there to late.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

We went to the ATM and change out into Peso's. Don't forget to be bring your ID becaause you will need to leave that with the golf cart rental shop. We paid $40 for a full day in December.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

i like using cash so that i know there will not be any unauthorized charges put on my card...while in mexico, i only used credit card once to pay for the hotel at the end of our stay but everything else, we paid cash to avoid any hassle.

at dora rent a cart, the fellow infront of us used his visa to pay for the rental.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

we rented with RENT A DORA in december and for the full day from 10am to 5pm we also paid 500 pesos which is equivalent to USD or CAD $40.

they do keep your drivers licence until you return the cart so that you are aware.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

You have to leave your ID at the Golf Cart rental place ? Hmm , I don't think I like that idea .

Any comments about this ?

Thanks

Edited: 19 February 2011, 18:49
vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cash or Credit Card for Isla Mujeres golf cart??

you only have to leave your drivers license with them but not credit cards. initially, i had reservation about that too but no worries, they have a stack of drivers licenses and they just keep it in case we don't return our cart or do damage to it. afterall, they have to have something tangible for us to be liable in the event that we drive off with their golf cart.