We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun to Playa del Carmen - Should we go?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
360 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun to Playa del Carmen - Should we go?

We are staying at the Crown Paradise in June. We are newbies to Cancun. We are thinking of a day trip to Playa. Is it worth it to spend the day there? What is the best , easiest way to get to Playa? Should we rent a car for the day? Is there anything to see between Cancun and PDC. A nice secluded beach or any ruins?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun to Playa del Carmen - Should we go?

the ruins and fabulous beach are at tulum. car rental, colectivo, taxi or bus will all work.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun to Playa del Carmen - Should we go?

Playa has a different feel to it. Hard for me to articulate. More of a European tourism atmosphere and less of an American tourism feel. At least in my opinion. I wouldn't drive though but that is because I know I like to explore and stop for drinks at the various cantinas and I wouldn't want to worry about abstaining because I have to drive. I love Playa del Carmen and seriously considered staying there instead of Cancun for our upcoming trip. You can likely get transportation through your resort. While we are there, we will likely head down to Playa and take the ferry to Cozumel for a day and then return and enjoy an evening in Playa del Carmen.

Good luck and have fun!

3. Re: Cancun to Playa del Carmen - Should we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:18