We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Anyoe out in TA land know of any AI resorts that serve American beer, such as Bud Light, Coors Light, and or Miller light. If not can someone who has traveled and drank the mexican beer tell me which one compares most to Bud Light. Ive been to Punta Cana, and like the El Presidente. Ive also been to Jamaica where Red Stripe is now one of my favorites.

Anyhelp would be great

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
136 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,055 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,380 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

No american beer at the AI's. As long as its cold, the beer down there is all good IMO.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Modelo Light would be close to Bud light.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

If you are searching for lighter, American style cervezas while in Cancun, I recommend you try Montejo, Victoria, Modelo Especial (they also make a light beer), and Pacifico Clara.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Coors Light is available at the Royal in Cancun...

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Thanks alot. I dont want anyone to get the impression that I'm above mexican beer. I'm just ignorant to it as Ive never traveled to Mexico before. I'm a pretty simple guy, and beer is beer, but I'm not in college anymore. Ive had my fill of 8 dollar case of beers. I'm a police officer just trying to eat and drink myself into a coma for 6 days and forget about real life in that time. LOL

thanks again

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

My favorite MX beer is Tecate Light, it is pretty close to Bud Light...Modelo Light is also good..

As long as it is ice cold, almost any beer is good..

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

I am big Miller Lite drinker but I do enjoy Pacifico or Modelo Light! Also Sol is not to bad!! If you are hard up after a few cases of mexican beer they do sell coors lite, bud lite, and miller lite at any store)!!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

We drank Bud and Bud lite at JW Marriott - purchased it in the Gift shop as well (be sure to look at the price - very expensive in the Gift Shop - but you can find it at the gas station/convenience store across the street at a reasonable price - sorry don’t remember the name of it.)

Drank Bud at the El Dorado Royale AI resort in Puerto Morelos - casita section - was stocked in our fridge if we asked for it. Also drank it at the beach bar. We drank Dos Equis, Sol and Corona too. Found Bud and Bud light at Costco too - as well as many other beer brands. American beer is readily available at this destination. We never had any difficulty finding it.

Pine Hill, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

Tecate light is probably the lightest Mexican beer IMO.

10. Re: American Beer In Cancun Hotel Zone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:17