We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

"The Oasis Hotels & Resorts brand is once again part of the Cancun resort landscape, it was announced today by Enrique Klein, Vice President of Sales & Marketing of TravAmerica, the organization which exclusively markets the Oasis properties in North America."

Here is the whole article: http://tinyurl.com/6xslpfl

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Thank you for posting this info. We have been following the Be Live / Oasis situation, since we are staying at Be Live Grand Viva Beach at the end of March...Our 4th stay at this property (formerly Oasis).

BLGVB has indicated that they had been at 100% capacity for the last few weeks and I had wondered if the guests from the Oasis properties that were temporarily closed were re-booked at the BLGVB...looks like I may have been correct.

The only bummer was when we booked, ALL of the Oasis properties in CANCUN were listed as BE LIVE , and we were hoping to do some resort 'hoping'...Oh well.

Thanks again!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Thanks for the article Jim...for those unaware & interested, and from the article;

"Mr. Klein reports that currently the Grand Oasis Cancun and the Oasis Cancun are open for business, the Oasis Palm Beach will re-open on March 15, and the Grand Oasis Caribbean, Grand Oasis Playa, Oasis America, and Sens Resort will reopen shortly thereafter based upon demand."

Albany, New York
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Thank you for posting this, we are also booked at the end of March (18 of us). Are we sure that they are honoring the Be Live reservations? we booked during a 36 hour sale and want to ensure we are OK with the rate we got.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

I have been searching on some vacation websites. In their drop down list of hotels, none have them listed. I am curious to know when booking will become available. I am from Canada, so I am not too sure if it differs between countries?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Thanks Jim for the update. I contacted the Oasis Palm Beach last week by phone and got the news that Oasis was coming back. What a relief, Oasis Palm Beach has been my family resort for the past 6 years. If you noticed the Grand Oasis Viva is missing to the list. I also checked the Oasis website and not all the hotels are listed and they do not return any phone calls yet. One new feature on the new website is that they will be "rewarding" past customers...I should qualify for a big discount! I am already searching the canadian travel companies and they still have no advertisement for any of the Oasis hotels. Keep us posted if you can and thanks again!

K2P
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

I was able to price reservations on bookit.com yesterday. We loved the grand Oasis!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

This may help hopefully with some of the confusion...Be Live and Oasis Hoteles are now operating as two separate entities...Be Live will operate "3" of the Hotels; Oasis Hoteles will operate "7" of the Hoteles.

Among the points agreed upon include:

1 .- Globalia will operate until April 30, 2012 the three hotels: the Riviera Maya, Viva and Viva Grand in Cancun, with a total of 750 rooms, under the brands "Be Live".

2 .- Oasis will operate the rest of the Mexican Caribbean hotels immediately, under the brands "Sens", "Oasis" and "Grand Oasis", with a total of seven hotels and 3,150 rooms.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

If this is true that Oasis brand is back, it will add about 3,000 more rooms in Cancun, and I welcome the competition.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Sig~ definitely "true"...the Oasis Brand is back and operational in Cancun and elsewhere w/ the three exceptions noted above. ;-)

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oasis Hotels & Resorts Brand Returns To Cancun

Great.