We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Paradise Club amenites?

ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Crown Paradise Club amenites?

We are getting ready to go to the Crown Paradise and just need to know what we might need. Do they have iron or blowdryers in room? An on site coin wash laundry mat? And food- good ketchup, maple type syrup, sweet and low? I have been reading reviews, and do I really need to bring a bigger cup and my own beach towels or was that just people with bad experiences? It is so hard to tell- there are good and bad reviews.

nobleton, ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

Just got back Monday from a great 2 week vacation. First off you will have a great vacation. They do have an iron and ironing board in the rooms, the blowdryer is not that powerful if you don't mind. Landry mat they don't have. Ketchup comes in those little packages you get here at fast food so thats OK. Maple syrup, is a little different but good. Peanut butter and jam come in packages from smuckers. And about the bigger cups, you can bring one or even buy one in the store for roughly $2.70 US, we didn't because my theory was this. If you drink quick then its good if you sip then its a waste because it will get hot quick and who wants a hot drink. so we just went to get another one. There are 2 bars at the pools. and as for towels if you need bigger than what they have then I don't know what to tell you, we found then big enough. I can't believe the reviews myself. Go with an open mind and have a good time and enjoy its all on what you make it. Don't go judging the beds or pillows. Just remember this is not the King Eddy.

Mentioned in this post
Ketchup
Ketchup
25 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

thanks for the reply. The towel thing was not for size but I heard about towel stealing/borrowing and then the hotel charges $35 or something.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

Where you in a standard room or a club room? I thought I read somewhere that the club rooms had irons & ironing boards and the standard rooms didn't??? I'll probably take my own hair dryer cuz the ones at hotels in Mexico seem to never have enough power for me.... but... I'd like to leave my travel iron at home if at all possible.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

One more question... if you don't mind. What kind of bathroom supplies did they provide (soap, shampoo etc.)? I hate the little barsof soap. Those are ok for an overnight trip... but not for a week. Should I take my own?

Thanks

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

I've only stayed in the Club rooms, but they have irons and ironing boards in the room....they also provide you with really nice terry bathrobes. Hair dryers work great. They have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, sewing kit, shower cap in the bathroom...jacuzzi has little bottles of bubbles. No need to bring a towel. You will get a towel card, you turn in the card, they give you a towel, and vise versa every day. I've never lost a towel or had it stolen, but yes, the charge is $35 if you lose it. If you don't have a towel card to turn in when you check out, that's when they charge you.

Have a great time.....I'll be there very soon myself. How long are you staying?

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

We will be staying 6 nights... but in a standard room... not club room. I sure hope someone knows about the standard rooms. I know the club rooms have alot of luxuries that we won't get. Anyone out there stay in a standard room lately??

dwg
Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

I stayed in a standard room for 5 days over Thanksgiving 2004.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

dwg,

What kind of in room things did it have?

Iron?

Soap?

Shampoo?

Hair Dryer?

Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

Iron and board...simple...hair dryer is standard...soap and shampoos basic..towels dry..Sticky if these are the most important issues, you may have booked the wrong resort......if you want a great atmosphere..fun...pools...music...laughs...bars...beach and sun...this is the place. The place is great for people who like to have a fun trip...enjoy your holiday!

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crown Paradise Club amenites?

oops that was also for Mary Ann....you are gonna have a great trip don't worry