We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid USA Transfers!

Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid USA Transfers!

Just a heads up - we had an amazing trip to Mexico, but when we left the airport the USA tranfers person was there but there was a "problem" - they had a driver but no van with air conditioning or car seats (like we had requested weeks in advance). Luckily our the transfer included in our package hadn't left so we were able to go with them. When I got home I emailed the company to explain and ask for a refund and now they are avoiding me. Since there are so many travel companies in Cancun I would suggest avoiding this one - especially if you need any extras like car seats!

PA
Level Contributor
484 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

Alissa - I'm just curious why they owe you a refund if you didn't ride with them??? When we used them recently they didn't collect our money until we arrived at our hotel, so I don't understand.

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

I've been very happy with USA transfers and wouldn't use anyone else. I'm wondering if the person who said he was USA Transfers really was, or if he was one of the scammers that hang out in the taxi area.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

i used them last year and was very impressed with service so would not hesitate to use again.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 19:15
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

Our family and friends have used USA on many, many occasions and the only people that have made mistakes ...was us! They have always been on time (usually early) and very professional and courteous.

For a few years now, they've had us pay upon arrival..so I too, am curious why they would owe you a refund.

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience, but I do think it was just a fluke.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

Wow, I think this is probably the first negative thing I've ever seen about USA Transfers.

So far as the refund is concerned, I too pay cash on arrival but I've an idea that USA's website is set up to take payment in advance now as a convenience to people who don't want to bring cash.

As far as the car seats go, I don't believe it's guaranteed. To me, it's a bit like asking for a specific room location at a resort - if they have them available, you'll get them but no promises. With the greatest of respect Alissa, child safety car seats are simply NOT the norm in Mexico and the only way to ensure that you get one is to bring your own.

Sorry it didn't work out for you but unless I see a whole lot more complaints about USA, I still plan on using them for my upcoming trip.

Rock Hill, South...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

That is the reason I use USA transfers, because you don't have to pay in advance. They have alway been on time and waiting on us at the airport .

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

Have to agree with Llisa - will be using USA again in May and this is the first negative thing I have heard about them. You do not pay until you get to your hotel or condo.

I did read (either here or maybe Locogringo) last year that they no longer put your name up on a sign, they just have someone with a sign saying "USA Transfers" and you go show them your paperwork and they compare it against the list they have of incoming passengers. This is supposed to be to help prevent scammers from other companies claiming they are from USA and are your "ride". This might also be what happened.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

55vineyard

You are correct, that is exactly how they do it now.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

Never any issues with USA Transfers here. Very professional IMHO. I'll be using them again in a couple months. I know they'll be waiting for us. That's a good feeling to have.

ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoid USA Transfers!

I used USA transfers for round-trip airport->hotel->airport transportation last April and thought they were excellent. Total cost was $55USD. I paid $45 on the trip to the hotel and the last $10 on the trip back to the airport. The Entertainment Plus website clearly states that USA transfers does not guarantee child seat availability. I will be using their round trip service again this April.