We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun In October

Central Nebraska
Level Contributor
404 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun In October

I'm in the planning stages of our first trip to Cancun this October. What is the weather generally like in mid-October?

Is it very crowded there at that time?

What are some of the best tours to take that time of year?

We are going to celebrate our 15th anniversary, but the anniversary date isn't until December. Are there any "specials" anywhere we may be able to take advantage of?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun In October

The weather break down can be found under Top Questions on the right.

It is the rainy season at that time of year. It is also one of the quietest times as well. Great time to avoid crowds. You would be best to book your tours once here based upon the weather at that time. Tour ideas are listed on the right as well.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun In October

Our anniversary is Oct 9 four years ago we went to the Mayan over that week and had lots of rain. This past Oct we went to the same area (with fingers crossed) and had fantastic weather.

connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun In October

We have been going to Cancun every October for years ! its absolutely beautiful weather -wise.......we have never had any rain to speak of and although its during hurricane season, we've never had a problem - its our favorite time of year to go - Summer was VERY hot and humid - but you are in Mexico !

Definitely try the catamaran trip to Isla Mujeres - its a blast !

It is definitely a quieter time of year, but that just means you get more attention !

Some travel agents put special occasions right on the reservation.....then the resort knows when you get there - Happy Planning !

Annie

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun In October

Many trips to Cancun during October taken as well. Average weather is very hot and very humid. October is one of the more active hurricane months, so you'll need to weigh how nervous you get watching tropical depressions, tropical storms, etc, form through out the season leading up to your actual trip.

This past year was fairly mild in the storm department for Cancun, but that can not always be said every year.

Showers are common, especially late afternoon or evening thunderstorms ... they pass quickly. We usually experience 1 full day of rain.

October is a shoulder month, which brings low prices, and fewer crowds. The plus side to that, reservations are seldom needed for dining out.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun In October

I have made the hotel zone my home for 16 years :) and worked at the top hotels . Our weather is perfect year round . Our beaches are prettiest in summer , but if you haven't seen them that lake like perfect you'll be like most and appreciate the color anyway . Take your wife to la habichuela centro and dine in the Mayan garden - and scoot around Isla mujeres on a carrito de golf . You'll love it

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun In October

I have made the hotel zone my home for 16 years :) and worked at the top hotels . Our weather is perfect year round . Our beaches are prettiest in summer , but if you haven't seen them that lake like perfect you'll be like most and appreciate the color anyway . Take your wife to la habichuela centro and dine in the Mayan garden - and scoot around Isla mujeres on a carrito de golf . You'll love it

London
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun In October

We are travelling on the 6th of October to cancun and we are a little bit worried about the weather , I think that why we got a really good deal for 1 week!

Has anyone been during October in the past???

Thank you

Edited: 23 September 2013, 17:11
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun In October

We went last October and had fantastic weather. We are going this October and we'll see what it brings. Not worried as I have traveled for years to the Caribbean and only three times have I encountered really bad weather -- that was in August, November and December.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun In October

Thank you very much for the quick response!! It's my birthday and we can't wait to go , but everywhere we read it mentions rain and possible hurricanes. As its getting closer to the departure date we weren't sure if we made the right decision. They say chichen itza Is magical and it's always been my dream to go.

Thank you again.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 17:31
BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun In October

What I wrote in 2011 on this thread still applies today. It's been hot n humid with small showers. Storm activity has been minimal to this area this year. (Touch wood)