We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Fall City
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

We went to Cancun from Seattle in 2009 direct for 575.00. I have not been seeing any such rates. Does anyone have any ideas if they do a direct flight anymore from Seattle and what I should expect to pay in 2011? I would love to go back, but don't really like the idea of the flight times.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,964 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Call a local travel agent.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Kayak is a good source. You can filter out flights with connections. I do recall hearing that there are no direct flights anymore after Alaska dropped the route. Since I don't live in the area, I am not sure if that is true.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Mike, I am having sticker shock with airfare prices from Mpls to Cabo san Lucas. I've found much better non-stops to Cancun (in January which is when I vacation). If it makes you feel any better when I was down in Cabo the last two winters I never met anyone from the Midwest. They were all from Alaska and the West Coast because they get great airfare deals. Who knew? Anyways, the plan this winter is for us to go to Cancun, PDC or Isla. If you'd like any advice on Cabo san Lucas or San Jose del Cabo drop me a line. In the meantime, we are all victims of the airline industry!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

airfare to cancun from seatac is running just over$700.00 right now. with the price of gas and full airplanes its gonna be that way for awhile. say levee as the french say.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
337 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Best advice......keep checking. Plan to fly mid week instead of weekends. Booked PIT-CUN for June a few weeks ago for $421/ticket traveling Tues. to the following Wed. Originally wanted to go Sun-Sun or Sat-Sat but that airfare was at least $150 - $300 more per ticket. Here is a good article that might help:

farecompare.com/articles/…

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Try UsAir...I got flights the 2 days ago - for 4/29/11 (for more than I normally would have paid)...about 480.00 from San Jose CA...then they had a killer deal to upgrade to 1st class (from the flight from Cancun to SJ )for only $160.00 more!! Even if I get a last minut offer for an upgrade(which is rare on long flights) it would have been over 300 each!!.

If your dates are not set - they have a search feature that will look 2 days before and after - Instead of going Sat-Sat we are goin Fri-Fri - saved over $300.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Not sure what your dates are or how long long you're planning to stay, but for example, May 8th through May 12th, Orbitz is showing a price of $561. At Kayak they're showing a price of $541 flying Frontier.

These are both flights with 1 stop. From what I've seen it doesn't look like there are any direct flights.

kennesaw Ga
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

It all depends when you are going.

Use this to see different prices for each airline. It can display the prices for 2 months for each day.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Edited: 08 April 2011, 13:30
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

Keep checking, every day! I got flights from Columbus to Cancun direct last week for $355. They had been running $685.

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare to Cancun - please help!!

If you are close to Seattle, would Vancouver BC be an option?

West Jet sometimes has direct flights for $500 CAD.

www.westjet.ca