We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too hot?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Too hot?

Thinking of going to Cancun in July but know it can get very hot then. Last year went to Bahamas and year before Aruba so I know what hot is. Anyone know what weather is at this time of year

Las Vegas Nevada USA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Too hot?

yes hot

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too hot?

It's hot, but not Jamaica hot (haven't been to Bahamas in the summer). The ocean breeze helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too hot?

but what about touring,

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too hot?

It is very hot - especially coming from your climate - for us Texans, it's cooler there than at home - we still visit Mexico in June, July and August and love it.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too hot?

extremely hot especially if you venture, such as to the ruins in the jungle. Cancun is definitely a destination where "It's not the heat, it's the humidity" applies.

However, "too hot?" is relative. When I lived in Southern California where 100+ degree days in the summer were common (without air conditioning at home), I found my first summer trip to Cancun wiped me out. We were all a little on the miserable side and lived in the pool.

Now that I've lived in the South Eastern US a few years, I find the heat and humidity in Cancun just average.

6. Re: Too hot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:18