We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ik Kil Cenote questions

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Ik Kil Cenote questions

Is this cenote going to be too much for a 6 year old to handle? And is there a place to get life jackets there?

Thanks!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
946 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ik Kil Cenote questions

It has wide, well lit stairs going down into the cenote and life jackets are available (and recommended). The cenote is very deep and there are small catfish you can see swimming around. There is a wide ladder going down into the water - so you don't have to jump in...and one for getting out of the water. This causes less 'traffic jams' when they are busy.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ik Kil Cenote questions

Thank you! I just wanted to make sure before i booked my tour.

everett wa
Level Contributor
810 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ik Kil Cenote questions

Just there 3 days ago..Amazing!! A little scary.lol

4. Re: Ik Kil Cenote questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:16