We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
57 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

Hi

I would greatly Appreciate suggestions for good inexpensive bars with some good music that we can chill at during odd nights... We are doing the coco bongo/ senior frogs visit but would appreciate something more authentic. Staying in the hotel zone by Forum by the Sea mall...

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

The first of three establishments that I can recommend that may offer what you are looking for include El Fish Fritanga. It is an outdoor bar and restaurant, on the side of the lagoon, next to La Habuchuela Sunset.

The Surfin Burrito is open 24/7 and is a fun spot to sit out, and people watch.

Seahorse, located across from the Riu Cancun and Riu Palace Las Americas resorts is a bit louder, but definitely offers a more "local" appeal.

Xtabentun is really more of a restaurant, but they also serve drinks, and it is a good place to chill out, outdoors, in the heart of the Party Center.

FYI, you can save money at some of these, and other establishments, simply by doing a google search and using the terms Cancun restaurant discounts.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Edited: 13 April 2011, 20:16
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

We LOVED El Fish Fritanga. We started off a few doors down with the La Distilleria for tequila tasting & Appetizers ($8usd per person) then walked over to El Fish Fritango for a brilliant meal and dinner.

Kissimmee, Fl
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

This was a very LOCAL bar I'm from the US and did not care fron the plastic chars and tables and atmosphere. The food was really just so so and not cheap. I had fish but it was so salty I couldn't finish it. Small place but staff was friendly.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

If you don't care for plastic tables and chairs, then I would advise never going off your hotel property in Mexico, or in many other countries.

You must have watched movies, no? If you have seen movies, then I imagine that you have seen scenes of life that is very different than in your tract home in Kissimmee. While perhaps exagerated, these scenes depict life in other places and other countries, just like in the real worlrd.

5. Re: Cancun Bar hopping suggestions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41