We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

1.- Anybody else notice that it now says "Ask a Question" instead of Post new topic?"

2.- I wonder what Visa pays for that intrusive ad.

3.- Seem American Airlines is joining in the fray to get Mexicana Airlines off the ground again. Finally! A company with money!

4.- Marines made a sweep through Market 28 yesterday. No arrests, Just scaring the local ne'er-do-wells who offer illegal substances in that area. Don't be surprised to see soldiers and sailors with AK-47's sometimes. Just keeping a high profile to keep the nasties away. Like having an ADT sign on your house.

5. Been cool at night with hot, sunny and generally windy days. Doesn't seem to be any rain in the near future. Already a couple of small forest fires in Mahahual and areas far from Cancun.

6.- A Marriott and a Westin W hotel planed for the Riviera Maya--in the area before you get to Playa.

7.- Occupancy in the low 50's now. Ya'll come back! Ya hear?

www.ahqr.com.mx/espanol/files/comparativo.htm

8.- Luis Miguel coming to Cancun April 28 www.facebook.com/event.php…

and Mijares May 12 http://mijarescancun.com/mijares/info.html

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

Also, Shakira is coming to Moon Palace in Cancun in July:

palaceresorts.com/specialevents/shakira-conc…

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

American Airlines has money?? Better tell their creditors :)) They lost 471 million last year and 1.5 billion the year before.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

A reply about her, a post, and another reply about her?? Isn't she yesterday's news?

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

yeah but those "Hips Don't Lie"

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

JiminCancun, thanks for posting these informative updates, a courtesy bump to you mi amigo...

@ SteveMex, you can thank the American taxpayer, or rather congress, for repeatedly bailing out airlines after they make bad business decisions... I can name TOO many instances when this has happened, please don't get me started, it makes me very upset!

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

Also noticed the "Ask a Question" change in the format and apparently in the immediate future our friends, and I use that word loosely, from Visa are here to stay for a while with the potential of VISA Vacation Experts joining the boards, though I haven't seen them over here yet to my knowledge. I'm presuming they'll have some type of VISA screen name designation and not be assisting on the boards anonymously.

Also, there's talk of a possible new "Dragon Mart" to be built near the Cancun Messe with a future influx of Chinese Nationals to work there with talk of both the pros and cons of a developing Chinatown in the region when the Chinese business people follow up by bringing their families to the region.

Then again a few years back Disneyworld was coming, so who knows. ;-)

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

There's also a new eco park under development from Grupo Xcaret. It's gonna be build infront of Xplor.

Very good news!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

Yes, Dragon Mart is a definite go. It is being built by the Chinese government to use as a base to sell and promote Chines products and services throughout Mexico. From the looks of the drawings, it is going to be a huge complex. It is to be built close to the Cancunmesse convention center and expo facilites.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

ThinkG33k - Do tell...............Do you know what kind of new park it will be? And what kind of activities they will offer?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Area News 'N Stuff

I'm sure that hoteliers are salivating over Cancun being over run by Chinese tourists! Do they tip?