We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

6 single, fun-loving, outgoing, 30-something girls want to know which adults only resort is better. We want to soak up the sun/drink cocktails during the day and hit the clubs at night. Heard that GCP is mainly older couples and that BBG is half dressed older couples! How are the rooms, food, clientele? Any recommendations?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

Golden Crown had a mix of both during our June and September stays. The water at the BBG is not that of the GCPS. BBG, is on the bay. Both are older resorts that have gone through some renovations. GCPS, does not have adult alternative games, poolside. BBG has people that wear a lot less, and they have alternative adult games, with the entertainment. GCPS, has better food, and 24 hour room service. They have more restaurants. And both places take you to a different club every nite, and get tables, and drinks for the first couple of hours. They sell the wristbands too. At the a la carte restaurants and GCPS, you can eat there, as much as you want, as many times as you like, without reservations. You walk in, and they treat you like you're the king and queen. Also, the smoking and non-smoking areas in the restuarants are totally separate. Two of the a la carte restaurants only allow smoking by the front door where you enter, and not in the dining room. The buffet at the GCPS, is only open for breakfast and lunch. You can use their free shuttle service to visit their other resort--Crown Paradise Club, for food/drinks/and pools/beach. Some weeks are for swingers at the BBG. The GCPS, is not that type of resort. Most rooms have a balcony--except for the top floor. They have large windows that open. You either get ocean view--looking directly at the water, or lagoon view. The bartenders and drink servers around the pool are awesome too!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

Thanks Denise... So the GCPS is nicer but not that much of a party? S'ok, we can party @ night!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

You can still party!!!!!! The entertainment staff have things going on throughout the day. They have better liquor there, and the bartender at the Tiki Bar, will play your CD's if you bring them. The only bar they have is Corona, and it's on tap. No bottled beer there. They do have Porguese Spumante that was very good. You can get that, pretty much any time of the day. We drank 2 bottles of it, one afternoon. It depends. Sometimes there are older people. On our last visit, we got there, and it was jam packed with all sorts of people. After a couple of days, they left. And later in the week, a group of old women arrived. They are 1 of 2 resorts, that have a beachside jacuzzi. It's cool water, and not heated. They were laying tiles, when we left in September. They will bring you drinks there. Omni is the other one. And the Sun Palace has a jacuzzi, that is high up and overlooks the beach, but not right on it. Sun Palace is heated, but you have to be staying there. I'm not sure if you could walk right up, and go in the one at the Omni. I know at the Golden Crown, you have to have your wristband on, since it's all-inclusive.

norwich,england
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

what date are you girls going?

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

The beach is better at GCP. BBG I heard is very 'raunchy', Im not sure if your into that, for 30 soethig I would recommend GCP. Theres crowds of all ages everywhere you go.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

I've been to both and it really depends upon what type of fun you want. BBG is far more rauchy but the food, accomodation etc. is nowhere near as good as the GCPS. The guests tend to be younger at BBG but you get all age ranges at the GCPS and it's luck of the draw where ever you go just who is there at the same time.

If you want details, let me know.

Homesick.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

sau vage- we'll be going at the end of May- want to miss all of the springbreakers- frat boys aren't our type!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

Thanks Homesick, we wouldn't be offended by the raunchy behavior @ BBG- I have been to Hedo 4X so I've seen it all ;) We are more interested the quality of the resort so GCPS is looking better all the time!!! We just didn't want to be the only singles.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

It is unlikely that you'll be the only singles as there is a wide range of people go there and GCPS is by far the better resort in terms of quality. However, the partying is what you and the other guests make it. The staff are not allowed to make it raunchy like the BBG but what you and fellow guests do to party is up to you.

Homesick.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Crown Paradise or Blue Bay Getaway?

Thanks again Homesick,

you're are quickly becoming my go-to guy! Any thought about clubs? Ladies nites/must see- what club, what night????