We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

riverside,ca
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

First trip to Cancun, there is 6 of us, youngest is 16 we are planning the end of July, I like both hotels Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun. Can anyone give there opinons to which one would be better. We are pretty easy going people. Thanks

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

Tucancun.... One of my Fav's. If you want to try a Solaris, I'd suggest the GR Solaris....

riverside,ca
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

That is the one I have been leaning towards. Thank you

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

went to tucancun lasy year and to be honest didnt rate it at all...

WHY,

terrible food

cheap nasty booze

not enough people serving behind the bar so always queues.

shower temps are up and down every 10 seconds so your freezing one minute then in scolding hot the next.

night entertainment is pretty poor.

if they put you on the lagoon side you will be listening to screaming AC fans all night.

not sure why people rave on about this hotel as its average at best...

cheap and cheerfull i guess, there is better in cancun!

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

We went to Tucancun last year and it was a great time. The food was pretty decent and the resort was clean. The staff worked very hard. This year we are trying GR Solaris - hoping it is even better.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

I've been to the Tucancun twice, most recently last April and again a few months before that. I thought it was great...good food (not wonderful, but good), very clean, good drinks with plenty of alcohol (I drank mostly Bacardi drinks, and tequila shots) and NO waiting to get a drink, they even delivered poolside before my last one was empty. I guess it depends what time of the year you travel, which would be the case at many resorts. I travel in the less busy months (April, Sept, Nov, and early Dec). The Tucancun was a great value for what I paid to go there.

Edited: 09 May 2011, 03:54
6. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 15:48
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

Sorry for the duplicate posting. Just wanted to add that I have gotten beautiful oceanview rooms with huge balconies both times I've stayed at the Tucancun. But when I make my reservations, I always RESERVE oceanview because a view of that beautiful blue water is one of the reasons I go to Cancun, and I don't want to be disappointed!

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

Have only stayed at the Royal Solaris--not Tucancun -- but the Solaris was VERY kicked back---no attitude at all.

Missouri
Level Contributor
303 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

Just returned from our 4th stay at Tucancun. Cannot say enough good things. I know there are so many resorts in Cancun, it's hard to make a choice. We lucked out and found this one our first trip and loved it so much, we'll never stay anywhere else!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun

gointomexico

It sounds like you enjoy the Barcelo Tucancun!

This will be our first trip in Feb. for 3 weeks and we're looking forward to it.

Do you know who the general manager is and email address? I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

Are there specific rooms re oceanview that would be preferable?