We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

isla mujeres park closed

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
isla mujeres park closed

After inquiring at Garrafon park website, I recieved an email back from them that the park is closed for damage repair until July 06.

We leave in 2 days (tuesday feb 7th) for a 5 night stay at RPLA. We had planned to take the ferry for a day on Isla Mujeres.

If the Park on the island is closed, is it worth it to spend one of our vacation days on the island. Will there still be things to do? Is everything related to Garrafon Park

Dont want to get over there and have nothing to do but lye on the beach. We can do that at RPLA.

Any responses will be appreciated

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: isla mujeres park closed

Only a small part is Garrafon. There is a small town to go through for lunch or dinner and drinks. The opposite side of the island from Garrafon has great beaches to bask in the sun. Near Garrafon is a wonderful area to stroll and see the ocean and the cliffs. There is so much more to do on Isla then just the park. And yes, it is worth the time to do it.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: isla mujeres park closed

Perect, succing answer.

Michigander: do a search for Isla and you'll find plenty of activities and logistical info.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: isla mujeres park closed

Dear me...succing? That sounds really offensive.

I meant succint!

Sorry.

Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: isla mujeres park closed

THank you both for your imput. I just finished a search for things to do and We will continue on with our plans to spend a day there. Thank you again.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: isla mujeres park closed

We have been to Garrafon once but enjoy Isla every year. We take the bus to the port, take the ferry over, have lunch, wander in the shops, go to the beach, have done the dolphin swim in the past, rent a golf cart, roam around the island and then take the ferry back after dinner in the evening. It's a great day.

Cheryl