We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

My fiance & I were booked in a Master Suite at The Royal in Cancun & actually had an unusual request from our tour operator. I guess our room category was overbooked for our stay and they're basically offering to rebook us anywhere we like. We're looking for something similar in quality to The Royal with a tiny bit of a "night life". We're not at all looking to party - the spring break, first time away from home crowd is enough to keep me in Toronto! But a lot of the reviews I'm reading mention that hotels are "dead", "you can hear a pin drop" etc by 10pm and that's a bit too low key for us. We'd like to be able to have late night drinks and have a few couples to chat with. Any suggestions? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! Thank you!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

Hmmm.....I'd say LeBlanc would be even quieter than The Royal in Cancun from most reviews. How about Sun Palace (also adults only)? Not adults only but there is also Riu Palace de las Americas to consider. The JW Marriott also offers an outrageously priced all inclusive option. You might hold out for that.

Cheryl

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

Are you willing to stay in Playa del Carmen? Could they move you to the Royal in Playa? If you don't mind leaving the hotel zone, the Excellence properties look great.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

My in-laws just went to Secrets Capri, and the way they described it fits what you're looking for.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

I wouldn't consider Secrets Capri on the same level as The Royal...JMHO. If you are looking for comparable service and you don't mind being in Playa, maybe Secrets Maroma?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

Both the Capri and the Maroma look beautiful but they also seem to have the common thread of "crickets after dinner" - we're leaning a bit towards the Silversands? I know the Royal was very quiet as well but we liked that it was so close to the nightlife in Cancun. The tour operator is making it sound like we can go anywhere (within the hotels they offer obviously) so its really left us with a huge selection.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

If they are willing to put you "anywhere", then I'd choose Le Blanc. Yes, it is quiet after dark, but not only are you within walking distance of great nightlife, but the other Palace properties, Cancun Palace and Beach Palace, are just a short bus ride away. There you will find lots more in the way of activities, shows and entertainment.

Good luck, and let us know what you choose!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

I would also consider the Riu Palace Las Americas. While the resort is very upscale, and can become quiet at night, you would have the ability to use the facilities at the next door Riu Cancun. The beauty to this situation is that you would have more restaurants to choose from, as well as the ability to make use of the on-site nightclub at the Riu Cancun. Of course you would also be within close walking distance of the main party area where most of Cancun's famous nightlife takes place.

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

I vote for LeBlanc, if there isn't going to be any extra charge. Straight pick it and move. Close enough to the main nightclub action, only a few doors down from the Royal. Crickets after 10pm for sure, but with that kind of money on the line, I would deal with it. Royal base room v.s Leblanc base room is like $600 cheaper, for 8/7 stay. LeBlanc all the way.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

Le Blanc is crickets chirping even during the day. VERY quiet at all times. Great spa like resort.....but zen on top of zen on top of zen.

RPLA is NOT in the same category as the Royal. Ok for the price, but not close to being as upscale.

Live Aqua is a possibility.....but you should get $$$ back for that switch.

Sun Palace....nice....but far from everything but the airport.

Hope the comments are useful to you.

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hate to do this but... hotel help pretty please!

I would ask for a lower room category and a refund of the difference and stay at the Royal in Cancun, or transfer to the Royal in Playa.