We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saving Chairs

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Saving Chairs

Does this still seem to be a problen at most of the resorts?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saving Chairs

Some resorts are worse than others. Last year at Crown Paradise all the loungers would be "reserved" by 7am. This year at Great parnassus only the loungers with shade were reserved.

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saving Chairs

Well here's an entirely new topic.

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Saving Chairs

Just looking for answers, not sarcasm maverick, if you dont like this thread then don't read it or better yet don't post on it !!!!!!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saving Chairs

Saving chairs in the early AM seems to be the norm. I am always up by 6:00AM to get our 2 chairs by the pool. By the time we are done with breakfast most great locations seem to be taken. The early bird catches the worm!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saving Chairs

Can only mention the Great Parnassus like Mark above, when we were there in Oct very few were saved, and at the beach almost none. Same in the Adult pool. (we were there in slow season though so could be a major factor)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,516 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saving Chairs

I'm with Maverick on this one, but I'll offer some advice. Do a search. This topic comes up almost monthly...here's a post from April that got 35 replies and is probably worth a quick read: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k443068…

In addition, enter "towel game" into the search box above your first post and you will get back hundreds of previous posts. There is no yes or no answer; some resorts don't allow it; but at most you play the "game". The real question is, even with the "game" will you be able to find a lounger - and in most cases, the answer is yes.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saving Chairs

I guess what bothers me the most is people who "reserve" chairs at 7 in the morning and then you never see them on the beach or by the pool until 11 or 12. I'm ok w/it if you're going to use your chairs for the majority of the day but don't take up chairs for those of us who are not early risers but truly will be by the pool all day and would like a chair.

When I was at RIU Cancun a couple weeks ago, a couple we talked to would go out in the morning (7ish) block their chairs, then go to breakfast, and head to the shopping areas and not come back til 12 or 1:00. IMO, that's just not fair.

And yes, it is a big discussion just not on this forum but others all over FL, MX and every other destination.

Amarillo Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saving Chairs

i am an early morning person, i love to watch the sunrise! the towel game doesn't bother me since i have the advantage of enjoying the early mornings, i will have our seats by 6:00 =)

we also will eat breakfast and then go use the seats by 8:00, i would never reserve a seat and then not use it until the afternoon, that is just wrong!!!

Here is a suggestion for you folks that like to sleep in a bit, reserve your seat before you go to bed...assuming you go to bed a little later???

9. Re: Saving Chairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 21:05
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Saving Chairs

This is what we do.

We get to the pool whenever we are ready (usually around noon).

We look for two chairs that are free. If none available, we look for two chairs that have fresh clean towels on it (ie, the chairs were saved early in the morning, and nobody has since arrived).

We then sit there.

If the people ever show up and say 'Those are our chairs', we just say, sorry, there was no towels on them. The staff must have moved them.

Works everytime.