We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Hilton Review.....

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Hilton Review.....

Claims the Hotel is being sold?.....http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d152892-r112058567-Hilton_Cancun_Golf_Spa_Resort-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

If it is true it does not surprise me. Many big name hotels change ownership.

For example one of my favored hotels in Cancun Le Meridien has been recently sold to Sandos.

Va
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

That was rumored a while ago. It could just be more speculation, but it does happen. It is a Hilton owned property and with the current economy, I would doubt now would be the time to sell.

usa
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

The hotel is in fact being sold to Iberostar. We were there recently and it was confirmed. The property is not a "Hilton" owned hotel but has a contract with Hilton. We were told that the hotel will be changing to Iberostar in the fall and will likely be all inclusive.

We have been going to the Hilton for many years and are devastated! The grounds of the Hilton are wonderful but what makes this hotel special is the staff. They are truly amazing and we feel like family rather than hotel guests.

Very sad for us.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

That makes me sad. I like the Hilton a lot

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

I'm sad, too! We love the Hilton and have enjoyed staying there. We'll never stay there if they go all inclusive. Just not our cup of tea. A shame.

Cheryl

Va
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

toad, not sure the source of your info, but I used to work for Hilton and the Cancun property was not a franchise. It was a corporate owned property. That also makes me question the validity of your other speculations. I love the internet!

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

The Hilton web site does say that it will not be a Hilton after 8/15...That troubles me because I already booked for next December!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

Interesting information. About 2 years or so ago it was rumored to be purchased by Riu. I guess time will tell, but if the Hilton site is posting similar info, then I almost have to believe it this time.

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

I got an email from the General Manager of the Hilton. It is indeed going to be an Iberostar all inclusive. I am awaiting more information. I have been going there every Christmas back to when it was Caesar Park. We already booked for this year. I don't know what I am going to do!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Hilton Review.....

Just for the record, here is the link to the Hilton's notice.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do