We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

im at sun palace as we speak let me know if you have any questions be happy to help. Been here 5hrs and service and amenities are awesome!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

What's your room number? Do you love it? Is it a concierge level?

We want to get a massage on the beach - have you had that or do you know if they'll offer that?

Have a grouper sandwich at lunch at the grill? Ahhh.... the very best.

Relax, have fun and keep us mid-westerners posted!

~Sharon

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

so far we are on the concierge level havent a blast so many nice couples here every one is friendly !!! we have the 25 min booked in 2 day we will report back when we have it my wife has two 50 min booked and tomorrow we are swimming with flipper !! we lucked out concierge level was open but another couple we are hanging with did not get it so i guess its first come first serve, any questions let me know... btw very humid so dont be surprised and the lobby bar is real fun to hand and listen to music !

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

We are going to Sun Palace 7/30...I have so many questions for you :) I really appreciate your offer to answer them.

Are there any concierge rooms that look like the best options that we should ask for at check-in?

Are they still offering free phone calls from the room to the U.S.?

Are you using the free wi-fi in the room?

Did your wife pre-book her spa services or did she do that upon arrival?

Do we need pesos for the city bus that stops in front of the resort or will US money work?

Do you have an updated list of the pricing and offers that our room credits can be used?

Do they have a drink menu sitting out with a wide variety of listings? I like to try new drinks and need a menu for options :) :)

What are the lunch options besides the main buffet?

Does the concierge beach service include food or just drinks?

Does the concierge pool area reserve specific lounge chairs for you or just the area is reserved?

Oh I can go on and on, but I don't want to interfere with you and your wives fabulous vacation!!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

Have a great vacation...................

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

We are going to Sun Palace 7/30...I have so many questions for you :) I really appreciate your offer to answer them.

Are there any concierge rooms that look like the best options that we should ask for at check-in? Not sure if there is one better then the other all the rooms are pretty nice even if not concierge level. Also i dont think you have the option on which room you get when your getting upgraded but I could be wrong.

Are they still offering free phone calls from the room to the U.S.? Yes have made many phone calls to friends and family back in the states

Are you using the free wi-fi in the room? yes I am posting with the free wifi as we speak

Did your wife pre-book her spa services or did she do that upon arrival? I had booked the messages prior to arriving here is the email of the gal I spoke with very helpful gal. Rosa Isabel Maas Xool <rmaas@palaceresorts.com>

Do we need pesos for the city bus that stops in front of the resort or will US money work? The dollar works fine, but if you pay with dollars you will most likely get pesos as change 20 pesos is the min bill form which is equivalent as 2 usd but I went to my bank go 200 in 1 dollar bills before i left so I have plenty of ones

Do you have an updated list of the pricing and offers that our room credits can be used? So, this is a bit tricky, We came her assuming that the credits can be used on pretty much everything, which they can but there is a limit. i.e. swim with dolphins which is a must and fun if you never have. but the limit is 200 of resort credit but cost 258 so 58 a couple out of pocket. spa 300 is the most but if you go to there gimmick presentation you can get 100 extra spa dollars like we have. junge tour is not part of the all inclusive but again an be activated by a sales pitch meeting. Bottom line is you listen to there sales pitch for 2 hrs you can get what ever you want.

Do they have a drink menu sitting out with a wide variety of listings? I like to try new drinks and need a menu for options :) :) The bars all have list of drink options. only beer on tap in all bars is dos xx which was fine with me. The mini bar in my room had 2 dos xx and 2 tecate lights but a quick call to room service got me a 12 pack of dos xx in about 10 min. mini bar also has absolute vodka jim bean jose cuervo and Bacardi and a few soft drinks i.e. coke diet coke sprite pepsi and some juices im assuming to mix with the alcohol. My wife likes cranberry and vodka so again quick call to room service i had a liter of cranberry in my room for her to have her drinks. Service again is AWESOME!!!

What are the lunch options besides the main buffet? all restaurants are open if you hang by the pools there are outside bbqs going on that have burgers hot dogs and sides going from about 12 noon to 5 oclock good stuff a great idea to drink some drink get some food and drink some more !!

Does the concierge beach service include food or just drinks?It can again sun palace is here to make your stay awesome and they find it hard to tell you no. so far everything with in reason i have asked they have done and done it with a smile.

Does the concierge pool area reserve specific lounge chairs for you or just the area is reserved? the concierge reserves you a place on the beach but not at the pool from what i understand

Oh I can go on and on, but I don't want to interfere with you and your wives fabulous vacation!!! you are Never an interference I had questions questions questions before I came so i hope i can help you or anyone else.

New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

We were there in May. My husband lost his wedding ring in the pool on May 6th just prior to us leaving to come home. We reported it and the said that they would contact us if they found it but the man at the desk just scribbled our information on a scrap piece of paper. I have emailed them since and haven't gotten a response to whether or not that they found any rings. Can you please, please, please ask for us? I have pics of the ring to confirm if they found it. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

hi Rhino420

I will be heading to Sun Palace this coming Saturday...

Questions:

How is the weather like right now... I am a bit worried... seems like it is going to rain / thunderstorm / cloudy between July 9 - July 16.. :( boo

What types of tours do you recommend? and what have you done so far?

Did you attend any of their "presentations"??

Did you book the dinner on the beach?

There are many other palace resorts around the area, which one is worth visiting?

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

yea ill definitely ask for you just email me your info gregbarrios27@gmail.com

Edited: 05 July 2011, 03:30
Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
227 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

We are heading to SP in 11 days. Yipppeee. I was wondering if they had snorkel equipment for guest to use for free. Also if they have any oceanfront massage on the beach? Have you visited any other palace resorts? Done any excursions u would recommend? Thanks so much

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: at sun palace 7/03 any questions ?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions...You are very kind!!

This information is just what we needed :) I will continue to read your posts for any inside information, tips, or highlights as you enjoy your vacation!!! Thanks again!!