We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

Does anyone know how the reception is using T-Mobile in Cancun? They don't have the best signal in the states so I doubt it will be any better in Mexico.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

If you plan on using your cell phone make sure you have roaming coverage for Mexico, charges can be very high!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

We used it successfully in Puerto Morelos, so I'm sure it would be even better in the Cancun area. Definitely make sure you have the international plan activated.

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

Been to Cancun 3 times and all 3 times my T-mobile it didnt work.. I even went into T-mobile and added the international.??..We had to find wi-fi and use our girls I-pod touch to call home.. Kinda glad it didnt work..No suprise bill when we got home..

Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

Best way to have an affordable cell phone ($1 per call -not per min- to the US or Canada, incoming calls free) that you know will work in Cancun (or other cities in Mexico) is to get one from Mexitel Cellular (www.mexitel.net). They will send it to you in the US/Canada before you leave - or (in Cancun) you can have one delivered to you at your hotel.

5. Re: T-Mobile cell phone reception in Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 22:19