We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 1012

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
May 1012

Just about to book rui las Americas hotel, cancun for early may, is this a gd time to go? So worried I'm going to travel for hours and get rain, any one been this time of year? If so what were the temps like

Thanks ppl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 1012

Sorry meant to put 2012, as year lol

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 1012

This is my favorite time to go to cancun. weather has always been perfect when we have gone. Not to crowded, since school is still in. We are going again in 2012 then also.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 1012

Thanks, that's gd to no, it will be our first time and I'm so excited already :-)

San Diego
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 1012

You will love May - great deals on hotels and not crowded at all! We go every year in May or late April after spring break.

Have fun!

SD

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 1012

Hola.

We stayed next door at the Riu Cancun last year and it rained 7 days out of 14. This was our 4th visit duing the month of May and by far the worst weather wise. It's not put us off as we're back again next May but staying at the Riu Palace this time.

BTW the other 3 visits were perfect, so it just goes to show you can't rely on the weather.

Edited: 04 August 2011, 15:56
lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May 1012

We went to the Grand last year and going next year both times in may the weather was fantastic.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May 1012

It rained on us for a full week last year from the 14th to the 21st of may. Some days all day and others on and off.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May 1012

Thanks for that, god I hope it's better next year for yourself and me, looking at 2nd of may, have u got a gd deal, iv been given prices of the £1500/1600 Mark, is this wot I should expect?? I see your from Barnsley !! So is my husband, no it pretty well, small world:-)

glas scotland
Level Contributor
870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: May 1012

this year the weather in may was not fantastic but we have be 3 time previous in May and the weather has been fantastic, we have booked for may 2012,

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
712 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: May 1012

We went this year from May 7 - 14 and it didn't rain a drop. It was Sunny with highs around 90 everyday. Just be aware that after May 15 the schools get out and Cancun gets swamped with many Mexican college students. They were preparing for them as we were leaving.