We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Topic
Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

We loved it and it was above our expectations and the price was great compared to others. We want to remain in that price range but hate to go back to the same resort. The resort looked next to new(not ran-down), food was great(in my opinion) entertainment was ok in the pool...we are in our 30s and didn't feel out of place either....When I look at the age of some resorts, they say built in the 70's or 80's but remodeled so that kind of scares me....

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

We loved RPLA, too. Check out the new RIU Palace that's under construction in Cancun.... RIU Palace Peninsula. Think it's opening in 2012. There is a forum blog a few days back with links. It looks awesome.

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

There are quite a few newer resorts now.. someone will chime in... right?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

I don't know what you paid for the RPLA but the Palace Resorts (Specifically, Sun Palace or Cancun Palace) are great as well! Higher end properties, updated facilities, great food, etc.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

Cancun Palace or Beach Palace. May cost a bit more but they're better resorts. $1500 resort credit with each room too!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,537 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

New Iberostar Cancun is opening in December as well, previously the Hilton.

5. Re: Looking for resort similar to RIU Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 00:17