We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Of course the Fiesta Americana's are up for sale or whatever but this is a new twist. Hilton--that just sold the Hilton Cancun to Iberostar--may take over operation of the Coral Beach Hotel according to today's Por Esto.

This on top of the Palace Resorts looking to hire the Hard Rock Hotel chain to run some of their hotels--after the Wyndham/Palace affiliation didn't work out for them. Lots of changes--and more to come I am sure.

Original article below:

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

Boston
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Good. Now there's a chance they will switch the Live Aqua back to families instead of adult-only.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

If the there's fire to this smoke story from Por Esto, it would be great to see the Hilton back on the Cancun scene. If Grupo Posada is forced to move their resorts and their financial issues are well known now, in part tied to the fall of Mexicana, the Hilton's prestige would certainly be appropriate for one of the jewel hotels of the Cancun Hotel Zone, the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.

Thanks for passing this along Jim.

Edited: 31 August 2011, 12:45
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

I'd love it. It is sad to see the Hilton gone to another all inclusive. I'd definitely stay at a new Hilton.

Cheryl

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

I agree with Dangers. It would be nice to have Hilton back. Especially if the Marriotts go too. It should be noted that the Por Esto article. Also points out that Coral Bech and Live Aqua are not owned by Fiesta Americana-only run by them.

cstoutMn
Level Contributor
444 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Hi Jim,

I missed this post..That is very interesting..Hilton must like this market..I hope they do because we would stay there also!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,811 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

I hope Hilton is represented again also. But would doubt Hilton has much do to with it since the Hilton Cancun was a franchise and I am sure a new one would be also.

Va
Level Contributor
11,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Hilton has some existing interest in Fiesta Americana so it would be a shock to see it switched. My contacts at Hilton say that they are actively looking for a location for a Hilton Grand Vacations resort. Not really new news because they have been working on that for a while. Don't be shocked if grand coral becomes a Hilton to see Fiesta Americana Villas become a HGVC.

Lake Tapps
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

How soon could this happen? I am staying a FAGC in late October.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

Jenny02000---IMHO you'll be fine for October...now if you were going in october of 2012 I might not be so sure...

Rye, New York
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Beach to Become a Hilton?

I had not heard anything about the Fiesta Americana's being up for sale. Sounds like I am the only one. Where can I get more information on this, since I am a FAVC member, I have a vested interest!